Critical 444 & dnb 11/9 advice needed

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by spyfx, Dec 11, 2017.

1. spyfx

spyfx Guest

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. DJK

DJK Rock Star

drum & bass not my genre, but track has promise, nice beats and all the other little nuiances going on,could maybe use some vocal samples

4. I cannot see or hear any link to the piece which you are asking about to give my own personal opinion.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. spyfx

spyfx Guest

6. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

It's a "Yes" from me. :yes:

I Iike the sounds of the drums and especially the reverb/dly progression of the doom-thing. Needs some mixing (for example the sounds are too centered, frequency separation of bass and bd - Dark Dub isn't really audible) and maybe an additional and/or a variation of the melody.
    You can do that on a single afternoon.
    Vocals are overrated. :)

Edit: No probs with vid here.

7. Ha, only by expanding the window of my query allowed me to see and hear the video link.
    Yes, by all means keep going. I particularly enjoy the space break, but although not a Deadhead love those space jams where a bit of otherness takes hold and their free flags fly. I can hear somewhere in the aethers some point and a counterpoint rising out of the aural mist you have chosen to hang in the lighter than air. But maybe I be'a just a'trippin'

8. spyfx

spyfx Guest

thank you for your input my friend,you know i always i love it when you share your thoughts :bow:

9. spyfx

spyfx Guest

i know :bow: funny thing is only a bit of low cut eq was done on some tracks of it just with the internal basic logic eq & only Softube drawmer s73 on the master bus (it is a work in progress )

10. No Avenger

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. spyfx

spyfx Guest

guys am i doing something wrong when i link the vid when i first created the thread ? (expandable windows) what is that i'm on a mac :guru::dunno:

12. No Avenger

On my win pc everything was fine right from the start.

13. No Avenger

That was clear to me and my post wasn't meant at all to say it's mixed bad. But I'm sure you know that. :yes:

14. spyfx

spyfx Guest

what about this one my friends ? is it good enough to proceed & make it a finished track ?
    share your thoughts/feelings/ideas about this one & the one above thanks :bow: :

15. No Avenger

Mhh, this one is not that much my cup of tea, sorry, mate.

The intro is a bit too long due to a lack of progression, same with some other parts. I'm missing a melody but maybe all this doesn't belong to this kind of music. :dunno:
    But I allmost fell off my chair when the drum loop started at bar 49 (that's a good thing) :yes:.
    These Energy Stabs could, ironically, use more energy (longer notes, higher compression, layering).

Just my humble opinion. :bow:

16. spyfx

spyfx Guest

thank you very much NO Avenger,once again i really appreciate your input,all that you say is really interesting to me :bow:
    sonically does this sound different to you ? the same ? worse ? (i think it's worse)
    i wish more people would critique :keys: :wink: also if this was your project would you continue ?

17. No Avenger

You mean in comparision to Critical 444? Low-wise they're sounding very different. Though Critical 444 is more boomy, it is warmer at the same time. Both would definitely benefit from a more harmonic frequency spectrum (but I still know they aren't really mixed). I myself would focus on Critical 444.

Sadly enough I'm not at spencer's level (sorry, spence that I didn't use your link here) and can't make suggestions to every single detail at this point (meaning, if it's too boomy, I fix that and then I see what the other frequencies are doing and this way I'm working my way through the song). But they both have in common that bass and bd need some work to make them differentiable [is this expression correct?] and get a harmonic low end and the hh/ride are too upfront.

18. sparkles

sparkles Guest

Yeeeeeesss !!! Love it!!! The kick and snare suits perfect, the bass is amazing fat deep and nasty but sweet nasty if you know what I mean, the melody embrace the all concept and gives a dark n deep Dn B mood, I like very much after the breakdown the extra percussions. Man you are doing very well, keep it up and share with us the finished project ! :speaker: pump it up!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2017
  19. spyfx

spyfx Guest

this is the last one,for everyone that wants to share their thoughts for all 3 together,thank you for your time my fellow members & friends :bow:
    (ScreenFlow is nice & funny)
    this is dnb 9 :

(for sparkles : Yγεια & ευτυχια for the NEW Year ! :bow: )

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2017
  20. sparkles

sparkles Guest

This one is not as the first one, lack of wetness I hear it a bit dry, the drums are perfect in my humble opinion may need more variability less predictability ...regardless of criticism the second track knocks the doors of jungle .keep it up, regardless !!! Thanks for sharing bud

21. sparkles

sparkles Guest

Liked this one also, in my humble opinion in this track to be completely plus the arrangements you will do, is that that to place some space in the all track, atmosphere in the background deep and dark, actually I m impressed with the bass were is melodic and rhythmic totally dope!
    hehehe now I know who is Spiridon, 2morrow is your name day ,( χρονια πολλαααα) Υγεια και Ευτυχια for the Happy New Year :cheers: