Credit where due ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ivan the Mostly Nice, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Ivan the Mostly Nice

Ivan the Mostly Nice Newbie

Bit tired of reading the thanks for all the hard work and efforts that were needed to make someone else's hard work and efforts, and perhaps their livelihood available to all for free.
    I understand that many products are ridiculously priced, but they are far from always the best.
    A lot of devs are one or two man operations, but they tend to offer great value.
    It used to be about stiffing the big companies, but now its the little guys too.
    I know that many people come from countries that can not afford the basics, and I think developers should recognise this as well on web site sales.
    Seems sometimes people are out to collect free stuff rather than what "they need" stuff.
    The Beatles only played one instrument each ...at a time...
    Great music comes from within, and every classic you love from the 60s 70s and mostly 80s never saw sight of a vst or daw.
    Just Saying.

3. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

that is what these sites are all about homey, maybe it not the place for you.( in your own mind i mean, not from anyone else perspective others happy to have you here.)

4. Rayth69

Rayth69 Noisemaker

From my experience, 90% of people here just like collecting plugins and testing them out. They don't make any actual music tracks. The other 10% make music but don't make any money from it. The 0.001% of the people who actually make money from their music, usually spent it on audio software and plugins(that's what I did, anyway). Here's the thing; Nobody wants to pay for music anymore, so most music artists are broke, which means they can't pay for their software. Even though most of them want to. It's a broken system from the bottom up.
    A lot more could be said about it, but I'll leave it at that

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@Rayth69 excellent analysis... you really crystallized it... good on ya :wink:
    happy to give you your first like for that..

we are poor artists here.. well most of us

and to your point @Ivan the Mostly Nice don't forget all the big EDM stars who have been caught red handed in front
    of their workstations with cracked versions of software we all know well... Sylenth1 for example...

also.. we have had quite large threads here debating especially about freeware.. and ensuring a link to dev's site is
    posted.. and also providing zippyshare free links in addition to paid links.. so that people are not profiting off the dev's generosity
    this however is still not a requirement.. altho @Olymoon spends significant time putting up free links for his posts..
    this is work he is providing for free

many just want to try before buy without the ugly hiss or dropouts, and because of our community we also
    are pretty well informed about sales.. and when the price is right .. these sites actually generate sales...
    people generally like to have legit versions of the things they appreciate and use regularly..
    so there is a little more to the scenario than seems on first glance..

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2017
  6. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

All those threads about concerns using cracked software we read here on a daily basis show, that most of us take it serious enough.
    And as Herr Durr said, if there is no money to earn, who should pay?

But the devs don't seem to see the real problem: The flood of DAWs and VSTs in an deminishing market (moneywise). If the market is saturated it's quite normal that revenues will fall. And the market IS saturated: Who really needs these hundereds synth or plugin doing the same thing? I'm convinced, most of the small devs will fail in the long run (even without any cracking).