Creative Lubricant. Your drink of choice?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by LoveKavi, Jun 21, 2016.

?

What is your drink of choice?

1. Beer

2. Whisky

3. Vodka

4. Rum

5. Lovely Water

6. Wine

7. Cognac/Brandy

8. Tequila

9. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LoveKavi

LoveKavi Kapellmeister

Well not so much as a 'creative lubricant'... but what's your drink of choice?

Do you drink when creating music, or have before? Make a difference?

If you choose other or a have a specific drink post it below.

I myself love Johnny Walker's Black Label Whisky.

For beer. Usually Budweiser bottles chilled to a lovely 1c. At a pub usually a pint of something I haven't had before, or a safe bet with Heineken.

I don't really drink when creating music alone. Maybe with a team or people I know, but just a few whiskies. It does loosen me up, but i've noticed I'd get excited over certain sounds and such and the next morning have a different view on it.

If I see a craft beer lover.... :unsure:...:dont:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

craft beer

(Joke)

(Actually not a joke, most crafts are much nicer than bud!)

4. Tsargoth

Tsargoth Kapellmeister

Coffee and some green sticky ganja.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • List
  5. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

The blood of those who dare to oppose my musical success, mixed with the tears of their progeny.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I drink Oysters,imported lager.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

This question is interesting to me, because "it depends." I don't smoke, swallow, inhale, inject nor receive as an enema any illicit substances. I had used to enjoy 'shrooms for jamming improv wildness among friends, but now everyone is all alone at home in front of their computers, so that's no longer an option. A glass of wine is great for loosening-up to play solo or improv ideas; maybe to write songs. Beer makes me stupid and slow – even moreso that I am already. Vodka makes me go out and behead my neighbor's dog for barking late at night, so I stay away from that. Working with a DAW, I have to be sober or I get lost and sloppy, so coffee's great for assistance with that, if necessary.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. I don't drink, but when I did it was tequila all night long. I was indestructible, I became the Worm.
    I like to take a puff or two of fine green, which always, each and every time, motivates and stimulates my creative process. I need to have an instrument in or under my hand, a guitar, piano, harmonica, two sticks to bang together, anything will do. The frustrating thing for me is that everyone around here on the continent mixes it foolishly with tobacco which I stopped smoking, what down this road of freedom from what is the nastiest of the nastys, is now about 5 years or so ago. Smoking weed has become something which I out of necessity partake only by my lonesome. Oh Solo Mio.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. LoveKavi

LoveKavi Kapellmeister

My friend came back from Ghana and introduced me to a drink called 'Shocka' Vodka mixed with fruit juice and infused with marijuana. It is death in a bottle.

Also Tea > Coffee. Facts. :drunks:

• Like Like x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  10. Tsargoth

Tsargoth Kapellmeister

@LoveKavi I quit drinking alcohol when I was 22, just been a reefer headed musician since then. :)

• Like Like x 7
    • List
  11. Lemmy

Lemmy Audiosexual

I drink white wine in summer and red in winter. smoke a lot of pot/weed since the age of 15, all day long. Stopped it 2003 for 4 years. And since then all 2-3 month i smoke a few grams weed, that´s ok for me. So, i´ve almost always have had make music on drugs. Nowadays, when i rehearsal with my band i drink 2 beers only, somtimes we smoke a joint (that´s the nicer rehearsals ;) . You know, i´ve made a lot of good songs with drugs, i´m not one of the people who make a song on drugs and the next day hear it and think: what´s that shit. but thank god(or who ever) also i can make a good song without any drugs.

P.S. I like to drink Gintonic (Bombay Sapphire) on concerts/in puplic. Can drink it the whole night through, next day i´m fine.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  12. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

You know this is the best forum when at the same time you can talk about the best equalizers,making of a forum soundtrack album and your favorite beer.:yes:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  13. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Kapellmeister

thanks god i dont need alcohol or drugs to make music,drinking to relax its ok but drinking to get drunk that is stupid,i hate drugs,drugs are for people with weak mind,people with strong mind dont need drugs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  14. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

I don't need anything but i do like a gin tonic/ good scotch or a tasty Pilsner preferably from the Czech Republic on occasion.

Honourable mentions to Vodka Martini Dirty with 3 Olives ,Tequila or anything free ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  15. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Years and years ago I figured out that different substances make me feel different and make different music.

A pint of ale relaxes me. When I drink ale I usually make softer music, similar to when I occasionally smoke pot. Since I usually don't like the results and there are garbagetruckloads of EDM around, I stopped doing that. So I drink beer usually on a night out, or at a beach. Same with pot.

Red wine makes me a bit sad and think dark and gothic thoughts like "what would this politician's head look like on a stake? I could make a song about that." :wink: So red wine inspires me to make something dark and soft, generally depressing passive-aggresive songs. Kinda Gothic-Industrial.

Vodka and Absynthe are strong drinks of my choice. When I drink either of them I turn into Mr. Hyde and make weird and really aggressive Industrial that I like the most. But since I don't like being heavily drunk, and I generally dislike strong drinks, that happens on very rare occasions. But the results are usually worth it. Weird. :mad:

So I decided to stick to red wine and pot on occasions. These make me feel the most normal, but relax at the same time, too. I can make music drinking tea [black or green with soy milk], too, and the results are pretty much the same as I am naturally depressed about the world we live in, and I'm an animal rights and political [green and Venus Project] activist, too. I try to make songs about that instead of dribbling garbage about love and/or sex that everybody does. :winker:

I always wondered if someone else has had similar different experiences while on different substances? Have you ever experimented with yourself like that? :winker:

Cheers! :headbang: :taking a sip of red wine:

edit: Stevitch you seem to have similar experiences with different substances.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Lemmy

Lemmy Audiosexual

I´ve made music on LSD, Cocaine, Psilocybin, Canabis, Alcohol, and of course clean.Yes, it´s all different. :winker:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  17. Spacely

Spacely Producer

Hennessy or Vodka

18. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Quite fond of artisanal Mezcal (with worm).
    It's one of those sneaky little numbers that get you drunk from the feet up.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. returnal

returnal Rock Star

Used to be copious amounts of red wine + bourbon + Gitanes . . . then it became copious amounts of red wine + bourbon + Gitanes + cocaine + even more red wine + bourbon + Gitanes . . . Then that all ended about 12 years ago and now it's just copious amounts of espresso and guayusa.

20. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

I'm with returnal .

a 200mg. caffeine pill has proved to be thee most productive.

I dont drink coffee... but the espresso was the way I went originally. Ive noticed that anymore than 200 mg. just makes me jittery, and does NOT increase the amount of euphoria that is attained with 200mg.

I used to do a sh!t load of xanax, valium, klonopin, etc. Of course oxycodone and dilaudid too.

Nowadays I'm all caffeine, and suboxone.

But Im weening off the suboxone as its effect has dwindled over past 7 years.

I hate alcohol with a passion hotter than a thousand suns.

boring, short-lived buzz that is... imo (obviously)... I wish I liked alcohol, as it is so readily available, and its abuse is more socially accepted than the... umm... more enjoyable chemicals.

21. statik

statik Audiosexual

i mostly use spit for lubricant but that prolly not what is meant here