Creating music using illegal content

Discussion in 'Education' started by angeldummy, Jul 4, 2012.

1. DSP4LiFE

DSP4LiFE Kapellmeister

Well thats cos Bono is a pretentious cunt! (honestly, ive met him) he's a wanker.

what a poser, doesnt have the ballsack to be a rockstar. hes so soft!, hehe, "likkle boner" should be the stage name..

please pirate all his shitty pop music! dont throw any more money at him for gods sake!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. DSP4LiFE

DSP4LiFE Kapellmeister

And about digging up this thread: Hey! where did you get that sawwave from?, Stop! its the police!:rofl:

have you got documentation for it sir?..

3. itisntreal

itisntreal Guest

Does anyone know how to watermark my own samples?

4. DSP4LiFE

DSP4LiFE Kapellmeister

you can tag the file with your name, thats about the extent of it

5. VroundS

VroundS Kapellmeister

With samples and presets you'll be caught in doing the same thing as millions like you. That's scary to me, personally.

6. Renan Silva

Renan Silva Newbie

I totally agree with you. Once I have no money to really buy everything I use, I just made a PC to work offline

7. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

haven't read the whole thread but i can tell you this much

these are the classic thoughts that entertain a beginner mind, someone who hasn't accomplished shit yet but cant sleep worrying all night about the ifs of everything.

the day you get going in a serious way about your business idea and actually finalize a product or at least have a clear realistic idea of what it is you are doing you will just laugh at these questions of yours, i can promise you this.

so get on with one of all those things you name, each one will take your whole concentration and time, unless you are just playing around, then it doesnt matter really what you do.

8. scrappy

scrappy Platinum Record

bowels of the skullery at the court of king boris
    If I steal a gold bar and record somebody banging on it with a member of an endangered species while driving a van on the wrong side of the road...
    It won't have any bearing on the quality or otherwise of the music.***

creating your music in the first place is what's important, you can worry about the rest of it once your stuff exists.:wink:

***hmm, now there's a thought.
    :winker:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. curtified

curtified Rock Star

the amount of money they would have to spend on a lawsuit isnt worth it for them. I think companies like Imageline / FL studio understands the benefit of the "scene"

10. urOk

urOk Member

What a morons company would go and check every piece of music on the world to find if VST's they made weren't cracked in one track or another

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  11. vsuper

vsuper Kapellmeister

Answer to you question is simple - there is no precedent in the the world.

12. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Nope! Apart from metadata tagging, you can drag the audio into iZotope RX and zoom into the spectral display and draw a smiley face or a code or something!

13. Rockseller

Rockseller Platinum Record

making legal music is not even possible since weed is still illegal here ... basically only legal thing left is working for rich assholes. please follow the instructions of your local authorities and everything will be fine.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

As I explained on a different thread digital watermarking has become big business. There are companies that specialize in protection of intellectual property. Never heard of Digital Watermarking Alliance? Digimarc?ContentMark? IPSI? PromoJukebox? Blue2Digital? JWM? and the list goes on and on and on. By the way, the detection it is done automatically.

Edit: Some of you may not realize it but some of the Vsts we have on the sister site come with factory libraries. In those libraries, the developer has the capability of implementing a watermark. Also there is technology that allows a developer to automatically imprint a watermark whenever a sound is produced by a Vst.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. urOk

urOk Member

VST can't watermark presets you just made of cracked software. And if everything else is watermarked, then why we don't hear that one or another music producer paid fine for using cracked soft? Should be easy to catch all those pirates on Soundcloud. I know plenty of you put there your own music. I do the same, the guys in black never visited me.

16. Smoove Grooves

If you "just made" them they are yours.

17. urOk

urOk Member

It doesn't make any sense. If this scary watermarking crap is everywhere, then why put timebombs into the software :dunno:

18. Smoove Grooves

Oh I see. You mean, why not just put the software out with any protection, and then constantly look out for illegal use of it.
    Great idea.

19. Mr. X

Mr. X Kapellmeister

As long as you don't use copyrighted stuff you're okay. Stop worrying about watermarks. This watermark discussion has been going on in many different forums ever since the first computers could produce music - that's decades.

Surely someone must've got caught and lost a case for using watermarked stuff during the 3 decades that we've been able to create music on computers, right? Haven't u heard of any case at all? Me neither.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. urOk

urOk Member

Yeah, if is that easy to catch with this watermarking feature, then why pay for extra protection, just watermark everything and put the scanner on Soundcloud, you'll double your income :winker:

I'm not denying some big companies using it, but also I don't think that they would hunt you down because you've made one track with 30 sec watermarked sample.