Creating music using illegal content

Discussion in 'Education' started by angeldummy, Jul 4, 2012.

1. anonymous1119

anonymous1119 Noisemaker

yeah I already have that installed but the notation editor is really really poor, almost at the level of Reaper. I tried to export the music via MusicXML but for some reason, MuseScore (my notation software) doesnt allow me to open it, it always says "corrupted file". Same thing happens in Reaper.

2. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

It's a sad fact, but the only notation editors that actually work are those in Cubase and Logic. The rest is just for decoration... and to give users big headaches!

3. aleksalt

aleksalt Producer

I know that problem, when the theme/score is more complex, I write it in Sibelius, then export it to midi, then Bandlab enters the game...

4. anonymous1119

anonymous1119 Noisemaker

But how do you sketch things in Sibelius?
    I usually sketch things in the DAW with the various instruments to grab inspirations, do you switch back and forth?

5. aleksalt

aleksalt Producer

yes, I do switch, so what? To grab inspiration I play almost everything live, using keyboard with Kontakt or synth connected, that's it

6. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

The rule is clear: or all warez or all legit. Staying in the middle (legit daw with warez vst and vice versa) can put you in problems with the devs (they wont bust you, but you things just will not work propperlly) and they will always blame it's because of the warez, so you wont get support because of this. It will be easier to a legit dev tell about your pirated stuff to another dev. You're probally not getting legal issues, but don't expect any kind of support if things start bugging (read about cracked nebula4 and how it can affect your legit AA purchases).

If you think you can handle an angry dev that will fuck up your whole system and projects, go ahead to your "hybrid style" production.
    (That's why i really can't understand moralist fucks that uses warez and legit, as the 80% guy, that tell you should be legit because god will punish your soul. Shame)

7. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

I'm on drugs, so all my music is illegal content.
    But I'm illegally content:)

8. anonymous1119

anonymous1119 Noisemaker

But how would they known I'm using a non legit daw?

9. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

The rule is clear
    makes no sense!
    Where exactly should the problem occur when you're going from all warez to (all) legit step by step?
    And if you ask the dev something about your legit DAW, how should a keyed plugin cause a problem?
    And what will not work properly?
    Most of the people I know are working exactly like this, with a combo of legit and warez (to very different amount).

Correct, but this was the users' fault. They tried to trick the dev and this didn't work very well - after he recognized it.

No worries, as long as you have it blocked, don't tell them and don't send them a crash report, they won't.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. anonymous1119

anonymous1119 Noisemaker

Thanks for the answer, so you're saying that even using non legit vsti (Kontakt, heavyocity etc) for commercial purposes should be fine?

11. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

You're talking about watermarking? I'm not that familiar with this topic, isn't that covered somewhere here in this thread?

12. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

This belongs

13. PartyShit

PartyShit Producer

Ok so check this interview and go to minute 44:02.
    Stephan Bodzin admits he started to make & sell music with cracked Arturia Minimoog

So anytime anyone asks about is it ok to use illegal stuff the answer is: nobody care.
    Once I saw Undercatt's tutorial how they making music and they opened u-he Repro-1 and it was registered to Urs Heckmann...
    So another famous techno producer group is using cracked VSTi and illegal stuff
    Don't worry nobody cares they are making money easily with illegal stuff
    Here's evidence-screenshot from Undercatt's workflow...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. anonymous1119

anonymous1119 Noisemaker

But what about the watermark?

15. aleksalt

aleksalt Producer

The digital watermarks exist approximatelly since 2010 produced by different technologies...some audio media have them some not...
    one of the watermark manufacturers is https://audiowatermarking.com/customers
    (the page with their customers, and among them is embertone.com whose violin you maybe using)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. PartyShit

PartyShit Producer

I'm like Dj Khaled because I HAVE ANOTHER ONE:
    And the biggest bummer I always forget this.
    I'm sorry for trolling dead people BUT
    look at this AVICII "tutorial video" on how to make tens of thousands of euros per week creating music with illegal VSTi-s.
    Bro he opens SYLENTH1 and you can clearly see it is:
    Licensed to: TEAM VTX 2011

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And watch him how nervous he is during the whole youtube video because he knows everything he is using is cracked and it was for free TruePianos, Nexus v2...and so on once he was asked what is that VST you are using?
    He answers (nervously as hell): "Aaaah yeah this is a demo version of Sylenth1"
    Ok I always hated AVICII alright let him wear his fake AliExpress $360 Rolex and let him rest in Cracked peace.
    Braugh he was a top EDM producer for a decade easily and all of his work was made by (free) cracked plugins.
    End of story...that nobody cares if AVICII couldn't get caught nobody will be caught for making music with cracked stuff.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. luckyLuke7

luckyLuke7 Ultrasonic

:rofl:That's a good one.

What about Umek choosing samples on the FaderPro only the packs by -DECIBEL

:bleh:

18. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

Where? Can't find it.. Was partying hard with Umek back then doing really stupid things. We're not living like its the 90s tho lol

19. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

If watermarking really exists, then my songs are bunch of processed illegal tags, almost like graffiti. Basquiat would be proud of me

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Blacklight District

Blacklight District Kapellmeister

It is preposterous to believe that any dev is going to come knocking on your door and demand to see your sn's. We are talking about millions upon millions of people in their bedrooms producing music - there is simply no way that any company is going to have the resources to verify every producer's legit product. All of this talk is just fear mongering with no basis in reality. Sorry.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List