Creating library from scratch

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by JudoLudo, Oct 12, 2015.

1. JudoLudo

JudoLudo Kapellmeister

hi guys. I'd like to build my own library for Kontakt, and after that sell it. Is there any legal issues to know before I start selling my library for Kontakt? something regarding licenses, fees or similar? Or can I sell my library on the internet at 0-cost? tx for this.

Then, I'd like to receive some advices/links/guides to build a library from scratch. I did not find any guide on this site, so I thought about asking in forum. sorry if I'm wrong with this. tx for help

3. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

Not Kontakt specific, but if you're sampling anything other than acoustic instruments or field recordings, then be aware of copyrights / license restrictions.

Synths, sample pack, recordings, anything with presets, anything synthesized via software, etc. all come with a host of licensing issues that may or may not apply. So pretty much anything digital as a sound source is suspect.

A lot of things are licensed only in the context of a musical performance (so performing live, or as part of a song/recording) so making a sample library is a no-go for way more than you'd think.

You might already know this, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

4. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

there are so many 3rd Kontakt developer already , if you cant make something unique you will not sell much . and don´t forget Kontakt Librarys are the most what gots uploaded to warez .

and don´t think its easy as i see you don´t even know how to start and you can´t learn that in minutes / few days . there are so much to know and learn . it can´t be even written in few words .

good luck