Creating a deep techno track

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by truetaurus, Sep 22, 2014.

1. truetaurus

truetaurus Newbie

I am looking for some advice and tutorials on creating some deep/dark techno tracks. Similar to what Recondite has.

Does anyone know of any video tutorials that would go through how such is created? The kick/bassline I have covered, but what I struggle with is designing a melody and what instruments could be used.

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

did you search youtube? "deep dark techno tracks tutorial" there's a few on there :wink:

the melody is down to you, you can not really be taught that, but learning scales / chords / sound design / etc, yes

4. monochrom3

monochrom3 Ultrasonic

You might want to take a look at the tutorials at askvideo.com. They're not free, but what you get in return (for a really moderate price) is secondhand experience from music professionals (Olav Basoski even made a few tutorials for them). I know a lot of people think that "how to make xyz" tutorials are bullshit because if you replicate them you end up with a song that already exists or, at least, is very similar to the one that your "trainer" made, but I like them mostly for the tiny little tips & tricks. I've learned a lot of different workflows, techniques and hidden features that I had never heard of before, even after 2 years of working with Ableton (almost) on a daily basis.

5. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Try FM synthesis, or even phase distortion. Melody is piss simple (A, C, B, D, A, F, E, F), so you are more than halfway there.

6. axelvanboxtel

axelvanboxtel Newbie

Try some bells from Absynth they come pretty close i think.