Created both worlds(osx & windows)for a reasonable price!

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by nobodyspecial, Oct 9, 2017.

1. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Platinum Record

often i see the debat of mac vs windows, and honestly after i turned into Hackintosh. , i was a bit baffled to see that suddenly less and less great stuff was cracked for Mac. but héy , it has it's reasons which we should accept! I went for my own solution

so what i did: i bought a cheap dual core 3ghz pc with 4gb ram , a cheap Lexicon Alpha soundcard and a m-audio midisport (which i still had laying around)

I installed the pc with ableton live and connected the audiocard via usb to the pc > outputs go to my main studio soundcard (Motu MK2 828) and the midisport usb to the pc > midi in and out from the motu to the midisport. i also created a sent from my hardware mackie mixer to the lexicon inputs to use it as an effect processor.

So when i start up the pc i made it so that it startsup Ableton with all the plugins i can't run on mac with each its own midichannel. so i can use it from within my Hackintosh ableton lives DAW as a soundmodule just like i do with all my hardware synths. running smoothly , Avenger , D50, Xils Poly M and legend to give an example

price : +/- 150 euros.

problem solved , plus less power used from my main system.

this post is meant to maybe inspire other people

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

so you run 2 computers at teh same tome with 2 sceens 2 mice t keyboards ?
    –––
    I used to run a dual boot win/mac system but in the end i decided to go minimal again.
    I have anything on macOS I need to make music

4. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Platinum Record

basically i run already two screens , but i do not need much to use the mouse or keyboard as i use a template i made in the pc , so basically i just need to select the midi channel and use. program change on your controller. if i do not want two mice and two keyboards i just can take it over by remote control and use my main mouse and keyboard