Create or find nicnt file

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Joe Martin, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Joe Martin

Joe Martin Newbie

Hey everyone.

Long time lurker and first time poster here!
    Firstly, thanks for all the amazing advice I have been able to access from my "lurking"!

Secondly, as I cannot afford to buy the full Ultimate version of Kontakt at the moment (more specifically, my other half would kill me if I spent £1000 on some music software!!) I am having to rely on torrented stuff! BUT, when I download the torrent, it seems to come down without an nicnt file, and therefor, Kontakt gives me an error of "no library found".

I am a mac user and am currently using Kontakt 5.6.6 to add my libraries and Kontakt 6.2.0 within Logic Pro X.

I have been using PlugInTorrents.com to download some libraries (as well as some libraries that a friend gave me).
    The Libraries in question (at the moment) are:
    8Dio - Liberis Angelic Choir v2.0
    Spitfire Audio - Mandolin Swarm
    Spitfire.Audio.LLP.SOLO.STRINGS.LIBRARY.KONTAKT.FULL

I have another issue, if I may, I have used Kontakt 6 for a long time with Logic Pro, but this last week I decided to move all my Logic Libraries and Kontakt Libraries etc onto an external HDD. I then formatted my MacBookPro and took it back to Factory Settings to allow me to start from a clean slate. Since then, when I add London Solo Strings in Kontakt 5.6.6 (which works perfectly) it doesn't appear in Kontakt 6.2.0. I have looked at google and it tells me about .xml files being created in the </Library/Application Support/Native Instrument/Service Centre> folder, but I have noticed, with all other libraries, it does this, but with London Solo Strings, it doesnt! Do you have any idea why this may be?

Thanks in advance!
    Joe