Create multiple dedicated kontakt instances

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gali, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Gali

Gali Newbie

Hey folks,
    i was wondering if i can create severals kontakt vst for Cubase ... one for strings, another for piano etc ... I got 2 differents already because i using the classic one and another in portable version ... Any idea ?

3. homer_simpson

homer_simpson Platinum Record

U have find some infos here

and here

4. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

the above answer is correct but I wonder if it's what you asked...

5. Gali

Gali Newbie

Thanks for the answer Homer but this is not that . My Kontakt is too big , i was wondering if we can have a Kontakt dedicated to strings, another to keys , the other to brass ... Even if I created several different kontakt, i think the list of instruments would be the same for all ... Maybe try to create Kontakt1.dll , kontakt2.dll ?

6. Blorg

Blorg Producer

Kontakt itself is a tiny .dll, ~250kb.
    That's all it is, a list. The files themselves (instrument libraries) are sitting somewhere else on your hard drives. They don't get loaded into memory/Kontakt until you.click on them. (Sorry if I misunderstood your question).

7. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

i think the OP wants 1 version of kontakt that only shows string libs, 1 version that only show brass libs, one version for drums libs, one for synths, etc.

8. Blorg

Blorg Producer

My mistake, don't think that's possible (could be wrong).
    The Database tab lets you sort/filter stuff & see just e.g strings (from all libs). I keep the stuff I use all the time in the Quickload panel, maybe something like that?

9. muffball

muffball Kapellmeister

If it's just a sorting issue then.. you have too much money or pirated shit. Clean out time. :P

Organise the files better because most libraries are accessed that way - even official "Library" libraries can be loaded that way. There are a few different ways to organise as suggested above and using your own computer's file system is another great way.

10. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Sounds like it's time to clear out a bunch of stuff to me. I have about 8 or 9 kontakt libraries and that's all I need. I feel like having a lot of redundant and repetitive libraries only hinders my ability to get things done. I just pick the single best thing for any particular need and have a dedicated library for it.

11. Sinnistar7

Sinnistar7 Ultrasonic

There is a way to create tab groups in the browser if you want to organize your libraries in groups (string, winds, etc...)
    However, I dont know if this can be done in the latest release (5.7.3)

12. kintozero

kintozero Kapellmeister

One suggestion I would like to add to the discussion is...
    document, document, document.

Have you loaded many of these Kontakt libraries recently?

If you are a collector, a good motivator to spark inspiration is to try everything you have. I keep a master document listing all of my kontakt libraries and a short description in my own words saying what I think of it.

I used to sort it alphabetically but lately I've switched to sorting by date, so the stuff I got most recently is at the top. I also like to wipe my computer once a year and only bring back the stuff I use the most, but this might be a bit extreme. But if you have so many Kontakt libraries that you're having trouble finding the type you need, this is a good way to sort down to only the ones you really need. I also kept an up-to-date VST list but my VST collecting got out of hand & I had to scale it back.

13. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

You can make .nkm (multi instruments patches). One for brass, one for strings and so on.
    And a template project in your DAW with a track for each one with the corresponding nkm loaded in a Kontakt instance.

If I've understood well that's the closest you can get.

14. Gali

Gali Newbie

Thank you for replies guys. I got no so much instruments but i recently convert a huge antique collection of AKAI CD (more than 100) with nicnt and wallpapers for my KONTAKT but it's time i think to put everything on dvd ....:)