Crazy mixing variations in mix session of pro artists

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by MaXe, Jan 15, 2019.

1. MaXe

MaXe Kapellmeister

Hi guys,
    When I listen to pro artists tracks there is a crazy amount of variation regarding mixing going on in the session. One way to make variation is to bounce your mix effects but the problem is there is still so much going on regarding stereo imaging in left and right channel and I wonder how they manage such crazy amount of variation with automation.
    What's your workflow guys? What do you recommend to be able to get variation in different parts of the track? Cause a song is not one section with particular setting what I hear in pro tracks are millions of different settings for some sort of each plugin! :|
    Somebody enlighten me, may god bless us all !

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

Start with taking one step at a time doing those "fancy moves" or else you will quickly run out of air, so to speak.

Its like crossing a big river.
    you put a down bigstone infront of you as a steppingstone to walk over to the next bigstone and so on, to cross the river.

Maybe some of the songs you think of, are really has a really "basic song structure" and there for has a lot of "need" to make song more exciting, or to make the song seem more complex to the lisetner, than "just a basic song structor"

Maybe alot of the "fancy moves" you hear, are created by the "mixer" who didnt write and arragenge the song. The mixer got handed a "very nice mixed song" and he mearly "decorates" the song by doing "fancy moves".

my point beeing, you dont HAVE to do all of those "tricks" on each and everyone of your songs. Focus on doing "1-2 new trick's" after you are done with arragment for instance and then build and expand as you gain confident on each song you finnish

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List