Crash with AudioUTOPiA's SSL Duende Bus Comp in Studio One 3

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cav Emp, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Just like the title states... in Studio One v3, especially when I'm running a project that needs upwards of 30-40% CPU, Studio One regularly crashes when I open SSL Duende Bus Comp and then close the plugin window. The weird part is it never crashes when I first open the plugin, and if I can get past the first time closing the plugin window, everything works fine. But the higher the CPU in the project, the more likely the plugin is to crash the whole project.

Any ideas? I'm thinking of just canning the whole thing and switching to The Glue or something, but I know some of you guys know a thing or two so it's worth a shot I guess :dunno:

Win 7 x64
    i5 x 4, 8GB RAM
    250GB internal HD and 1TB external WD HD

3. Ankit

Ankit Guest

No solution here but Auduiutopia's releases contains bugs. I have uninstalled their each and every release. It was painful but stability matters for me.

4. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Yeah I know there are lots of posts about bugs. This is the only one I've personally experienced, and only in S1 (i produce mainly in Ableton). Not a big deal. The duende stuff is fantastic sounding but replaceable

5. Spacely

Spacely Producer

Cav Emp what version of windows are you on?

6. Spacely

Spacely Producer

I just don't have these problems. I guess I got lucky. AudioUTOPIA stuff runs better than some of the legit version of the same plugins I own. 99% of the issues come down to the Daw, version of windows and the individuals rig being used. That's why I totally understand some people may have a lot of issues while others have pretty much none. Granted even legit stuff has issues but you get my point.

7. audiowolf

audiowolf Producer

There seems to be trouble with a lot of the mono versions of plugins but the stereo ones work.

8. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

SSL Duende old stuff works good. you don't need the lates plugins.

9. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

The Glue buss compressor sounds better than the SSL Duende's. If you have problems with Duende buss comp just use The Glue. :wink:

10. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Win 7 x64
    Actually, for once I remembered to put that in the original post :)

@SineWave I agree The Glue sounds great. I only started using it after I started having problems with the Duende one so I'm not as adept with it yet... subtle differences in the controls that make it less natural for me to get my desired results, but I'm sure I will adjust soon enough.

@Mostwest the old stuff is great I'm sure, but bridging causes all sorts of problems on my system. Notably, loads of cpu spikes if I try to tweak parameters during playback... which sometimes causes crashing. Bridging is really not worth it to me unfortunately

11. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

same problem with SSL Duende, but on Samplitude X2 (Win 7 x64)

It crashes on unloading the plugin from the insert slot.
    (uninstalled it after it happened a few times)