Cracking helps Software be Top Notch

Discussion in 'Software' started by Zealious, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Zealious

Zealious Kapellmeister

Hi there,

I have kind of recognized something interesting. In that the software that have less copy protection and have the best cracks, seem to be the best software and the most successfull ones.

The ones that have best functioning Cracks, seem to be the ones leading the industry with the most consistent user experience. Most consistent user experience means that the program is actually an update, and does not strip features per each upgrade.

Why is it?

Is it because they have Quality code, and Warez Groups have helped spread the word to people who otherwise did not have the access to those programs in the first place, And that good will spread, if it really is good?

I think success goes hand in hand with Warez.. and Withouth Warez ( spreading their awesome code ) some of these successfull companies simply would not have as much happy customers, lol.

If there is quality..,as a matter of fact, it would not spread, were there no Warez, right? No one can create a full song with Save limited version... no one can create many full songs while learning a new software with a deadline of 30 day limit either.

Anyhow, thanks for everyone out there who have the integrity to provide quality software, and those who help them spread and be used for creating music

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I do think warez could help to the extent that people wouldn't even otherwise try this stuff or be able to try it appropriately otherwise. I don't care who you are-- thirty days is not long enough to deicde that a DAW is for you (it is, however, long enough to decide one is NOT for you). The rest is all a matter of who's actually downloading the cracked software. Within our community it is strongly stressed that if you like/consistently use what you've downloaded or especially if you make money with it, buy it. I can't speak to the people who get it through torrents, etc.

As for your point of it contributing to the quality of a program-- I couldn't say for sure, and of course it depends on the developer. Ableton has a smart model. They have declared (multiple times) that they've accepted piracy as a part of the business and believe that serious musicians gravitate to their program anyway. Accordingly, they don't waste time and money on developing elaborate (or even new) protection schemes. They don't even bother to verify your legitimacy if you post on their support forum. They know that everyone benefits from more discussion about Ableton Live.

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

in some cases yes, in most of them not.

it depends on the reverse, who is cracking the software, some do report bugs they find, some take advantage of it and dont report.

for example ASSiGN helped u-he to strength their protection, they talked in a few mails about how they work, both sides said it was a really good mail exchange.

its also really good to go into some reverse board and ask the people there to penetrate your software, they always find something and they do this for fun.

some devs really think, cracking helped their software to get spread, some dont. for example sylenth1, the dev hates crackers, but in the end it helped them to achieve the wide use of their great little synth, but its also frustrating to watch all those video tutorials on youtube and see that nobody really owns a legit copy. some warez user, sometimes buy the warez in the end legit, because they really enjoyed the use, but thats just a really low percentage and i wouldnt count it as such a big PLUS for warzing.

a guy Ableton once said, he is happy that Ableton got cracked, because it helps to spread ableton a lot and they are also aware that some beta testers are warez user, which crack the beta frequently, but also report bugs and give feed and help developing Ableton.

5. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

to the op

where are the proof of that ? i don´t like to see "i think so , i have heard , i hav seen somewhere"

6. Zealious

Zealious Kapellmeister

In case of Sylenth1 there were lots of nonworking cracks out there from the early phase of their marketing. ( you can still find the ones that will mess your songs up ) So it is kind of a good example of what we are talking about here.

7. Zealious

Zealious Kapellmeister

Well just think about it, you will come to the correct conclusion eventually shoud you do so. Compare the companies that run the show, with the ones that don t.

8. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

i don´t needs to think about , i like to see an 100 percent proof of your statement

9. s1w

s1w Guest

I have a suspicion that some companies release cracks of their own software, or are actively complicit in the act, for the very purposes you cite.

10. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

@Zealious I 100% agree with you. That is what i allways said.

11. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

I don't think that cracked Software gives more success, maybe a greater exposure to the public.
    Not everyone is an Insider or PRO, so the masses grab what they can get.....
    Possibly little companies enjoy more requests or sales after their products get unlocked.
    Bigger "sharks" aren't so much crack-friendly, they fear their Status-Quo, that's why they
    add harder protection schemes, a thing that results to be user-unfriendly in many cases.