Cracked VST's / Possibly buying Cubase

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Blaze, Dec 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Blaze

Blaze Newbie

So, I have been Pro Tools user for years and had recently been trying Cubase and liked it. I have also been trying some cracked vst's for matters of testing them (although I've deleted most of them because I didn't like them).

Now, I am planning on buying a PRO version of Cubase in near future and I'm wondering if any of my left cracked VST's could possibly harm my licence or unable me to use my paid version of Cubase (because of Licencer that Cubase uses)? Of course I am planning to eventually buy all the VST's that I like but one at a time.

3. dondada

dondada Rock Star

no problem m8!
    took out the key while installing (donĀ“t know if its necessary)i mean syncroshit) but so far
    non issue ;)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  4. Bandit

Bandit Producer

Works perfect! Don't worry about it.

5. Warry12

Warry12 Member

Running on 8.5 pro with the rest cracked. Works like a charm.

6. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Same here, so far so good. but I would buy Reaper. Cubase is bloat ware now. Please note Cubase 8 and up needs to have windows Areo Glass enabled to run on windows 7. More stuff to slow down your PC. People have told me it has to do with the placement of the windows I disagree since reaper works fine with out it and so does X3. I honestly think it poor programming or the lack of good programming skills.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  7. neo lover

neo lover Kapellmeister

Yeah - Pull the other one ---

8. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

You dont have to worrie at all.. Only app that may even interfear when installing is Nexus (AiR) in case you use it.

You dont even have to pull the licencer out unless it says so in the nfos. So as far as i know you can just go and enjoy an exellent DAW.

ZzZZzzzzZZzzZZZzzzzzzZzzz and yet again somoeone from the Reaper mob opens his mounth about things he been readin somewhere. And even if it by own experience maybe read up a little on what Aero Glass does and how it works.. Reaper is a desent DAW but if im not misstakes hes stated that he liked cubase..

Stay safe all.. love each other ;)
    Vaijj

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  9. brunoci56

brunoci56 Noisemaker

Here Cubase Pro 8.5 legit and with several Vst/Vsti cracked, works with no problems at all...
    Most vst were installed before 8.5, while several others after the December upgrade.
    No reason to take out ELicenser.
    Everything's working just fine!

10. Hooman.Leys

Hooman.Leys Platinum Record

NP, do it

11. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

I have cubase 8.5 pro. and I've run cracked stuff in it for testing purposes mostly, the stuff i use i eventually buy. right now i do have a few Ilock things im trying but the rest is legit but at one time was "try before buy" I've never pulled my dongle once even my legit Ilok stuff the cracked stuff runs right along side. so have a blast but please do support the devs when you find yourself loving there work and can't live without it

12. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

After trying Cubase 5 for quite a while I bought Cubase 7 and upgrade to 7.5 and 8. Cubase 8 is totally crap. Totally Crap.
    Now you are an expert you tell me why I need Areo Glass for windows and my DAW. Transparent Frames,

Quote " The Aero desktop experience features a translucent glass design with subtle window animations and new window colors "

Link > http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/what-is-the-aero-desktop-experience

I don't think I need that to make music. How about stop wasting PC resources in giving me a fancy windows environment and make the latency and speed faster of the DAW and better plugin support.

I am not in a Reaper MOB. I am stating facts. You must be in the Cubase MOB. LOL. Facts are facts Reaper is twice as fast as Cubase 8 and it handles 64 and 32 bit plugins better another fact. Midi editing is better in Cubsae but a small thing to sacrifice. I am sure Reaper will get better in that area. THey release more updates with less bugs also.

13. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

I'm wondering how much big of a difference does "disabling aero" makes on high-end computers. I consider that an optimization for guys with entry-level video cards and 1GB of ram, lol.

14. shomyca

shomyca Producer

Well, for you is small ... for me it's a HUGE thing to sacrifice. And I can't emphasize that ehough.

I am not a fan of the new cubase graphics arrangements (I like window docking, but there are annoying things), but if you complain that much about that, then you clearly don't appreciate all the new features of C8 PRO, and now C8.5 PRO ...and clearly you don't need a Cubase. So, enjoy Reaper mate :) It is a great DAW.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  15. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

Yes, Im a QBase MOB guy ;)

Seems that a lot of 'serious music makers' are mistaken in the belief that using the very ugly Classic Theme will enhance performance... Its not like Cubase installs anything, Its already in the OS so would be good to hear how C went bloat ware?

Abyhow, i love Aero Glass And I have pretty little animated multi-coloured window frames, animated dogs or pets jumping up and down, flashing stars, or ascending multi-colored balloons which is the tendency in The Windows Op system. And that makes me such a awesome musician :)

NAh but seriously, what you are refering to is mostly a system thing and has nothing to do with cubase itself. Most modern programs requires Aero. You are just miss informed if you go around and think otherwise. Programs as vst plugins also use work better with Aero on. But bury this one now and let us instead give the guys the answers he wanted instead of "sell him something else". Im sure he will find hes way to your Reaper if he has the need for it.

Love each other now
    Vaijj

16. Riansky

Riansky Kapellmeister

I don't even know why are you aruging around reaper and cubase. OP clearly stated he likes cubase and he's willing to buy it. There is no need for Reaper to even be mentioned here...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

Just my point.. Just a little curious what was written about Aero.

Hug Each other now guys :)

Vaijj

18. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

I would say it can be as low as 2 % and as high as 15 percent. My issue is I can use that horse power for better things like running more vst plugins. I am no trying to confuse him just stating the fact that Cubase 8 will not run with out Areo Glass enabled.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  19. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

I really was not auguring about Cubase. Just trying to state some facts. In fact if you read the release note one of the new feature of Cubase 8 was lower CPU usage improvement. To be honest that should have been done for free they should not have charged for it.

20. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Not really I can not wait for it to get better in Reaper, but a fact that it is better in cubase is a fact. Again I will state I am just trying to give him facts about other options. Remember you can not try cubase at all with out that stupid dongle. It buy and live with it unlike Cakewalk and Reaper and other DAW you can try before you buy.

I know everyone here just buys a car without really driving it, right?

So stop think I am trying to sway him I am just stating facts. In fact I love Cubsae 5.5 way better than Cubsae 8. It was a total waste of money to upgrade and no refunds,

If flashing windows floats your boat you guys really need to get a MAC or Linux mint cause windows is shit compared to Linux Mint. Linux Mint looked like Windows 10 2 years ago.

21. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Let me add this for Vajj.

You really need to read up and try it. I use Reaper and Cubase.
    Look at what other cubase users are saying about it.

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=715