Cracked Kontakt asking for Activation.....what gives?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by pdobynes, Dec 4, 2013.

1. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

A wise man once told me:

"If you go to bed with an itchy bum, chances are you will awaken with a smelly finger."

Whilst that has little to do with the OP, I just feel "better" for having gotten it offa my chest.

Another thing same said wise man told I was:

"ALWAYS delete NI Service Centre".

I do and all is well in the land of the Instruments Native. I also try not to go to sleep with an irritated posterior. Not that I have anything against smelly fingers per se. :hug:

2. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

You need some E45 cream :wink:

3. pdobynes

pdobynes Newbie

Could be the same release. Check screenshot for Modified Date:

[​IMG]

Nonetheless, another of my lib's that worked fine before (EWQL Orchestra Gold) is now saying patch needs to be properly registered. So, somehow I "lost" my Kontakt unlock. Is that normal? Can I simply re-patch it? Do I need to do a full uninstall and reinstall?

4. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

uninstall Kontakt remove any files that are not removed during un-installation and try again

make sure your daws and NI service center do no have access to the internet, make a firewall rule to block both incoming and outgoing traffic with those software.

Have sent you a message. Check your PM

5. Alraun

Alraun Member

Recently i wrote an article about these troubles with old libraries containing .nks on MAC.

This description is for the permanent visibility as well as for general activation problems.
    Lol, just a few days after i found a solution and wrote this article, K 5.3.0 came out. The trouble disappeared for most of us by using this version.
    Here's the link to my article: Trouble with old Libraries (.nks) MAC

Second option follows that article: Installation of 5.3.0.

The third option] is for you, if you don't want to do neither the first option nor switch to the newest K5 version.
    Anyway it's additional if you want to avoid possible future problems with libraries like this:
    Free them forever from their nks-straitjacket. You can do that easily with "Compress samples/Batch compress":
    Open Kontakt. Go to menubar>files>compress samples/batch compress.
    It works works well with those old libs including Artist Drums/ Artist Grooves and EWQLSO Gold.
    Afterwards you can registrate them the usual way with a self-created .nicnt like all the other libraries. *yes*
    Further advantage: when you let Kontakt compress the samples to .ncw, the libraries need about half the space!

By the way you don't necessarily have to damn that pesky NI service center in cracked Kontakt. I personally never did it.
    It's always there where it is and has never caused any trouble at all so far. *no*
    Wise cracking teams recommend not to deinstall service center but to install the newest version!
    I don't know why, but i guess they must have a reason for this.

Fourth and last option: wise Alraun :bow: says, damn that pesky Artist Drums/Grooves library. I once deleted it. :rofl:

This is EWQL SO Gold after the cure, without the straitjacket: View attachment screenshot.tiff

Edit: i case you want to try the first option: here's an updated treasure trove....a list with working RegData:
    NIK Reg Data List

6. MarstoKan

MarstoKan Newbie

I have the same problem now and don't know how to fix it.
    I am running Kontakt 5.6.1 cracked by R2R, but it still asks for licenses with libraries.
    Anyone knows how to fix this (if it can be fixed)?