Crack UAD plug-ins with soundcard?

Discussion in 'Software' started by d0nny, Sep 4, 2016.

1. d0nny

d0nny Newbie

Before I offend anyone or come across as ignorant I just want to note, I understand these plug-ins have not been cracked yet and there is not way of running them natively..

However I wondered, What if you had a UAD soundcard, say for example an Apollo Twin.. Would there be anyway of getting the plug-ins cracked then or any other way?

It's one thing paying £700+ for an interface but then to have to pay £200 for an 1176 emulation is just crazy in my opinion :/

3. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Not sure. I'm currently making monthly payments on an Apollo Twin Solo I bought at ZZounds.com. I pay $87 per month & I bought it during the UAD plugins sale so I got the Moog Filter plugin for like $25 & some other stuff like Dream Verb for like $50. I still have another $50 voucher but I'm broke so I can't use it for much. Lol. I don't think the question is ignorant at all. I'm actually wondering this myself.

4. d0nny

d0nny Newbie

Glad i'm not the only one!

Thing is I do love the UAD stuff and I'm seriously considering buying a soundcard, just not sure if I'll be able to afford any plug-ins to go with it lol..

There's gotta be a way surely?

5. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Actually they have been K" Bfore and yes you do need a Uad Card to use them, there was also some-one working one the newer version but never heard any further word as to the progress or if they were kept internal Dunno

6. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

Well... each one is totally free to have his own opinion, but if you look at the price of an original 'Urei 1176' (Hardware Unit) as second hand, maybe these £200 are not so dramatic. :yes:

For reference :

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/urei-1176

As you can notice it, some of these 'Urei 1176' available as second hand can reach 10x the price of its Software counterpart !

7. ClaudeBalls

ClaudeBalls Producer

Buy used. That's about the only way. They change the software system every 2 months partially to avoid people being able to crack it.

8. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    In all honesty, that's a dream in the back of every UAD user's mind. I feel you. However, give it some time and you'll see the purchases are not so insane. The first time you see the online store your brain goes nuts thinking about the later investment. However, things get pretty nice down the road.

I bought the 1176 collection for $79 dollars. I bought one Chandler amp for $19. Oxide cost me nada, as well as the Helios 69 and the Tilt EQ from Softube. You just gotta be smart about it and time your purchases efficiently. There are 3 big discounts a year: June, Thanksgiving/Black Friday, and December. Things get over 50% off and you get regular discount coupons. Of course, the more you spend the better the following coupons, but it's an incentive anyway.

If you ask me now, I'd stir away from the 1176, LA2A and Fairchild updates. At least, not to begin with. You have a permanent discount on those. If you add a coupon and a sale, that's how they get to be pennies cheap. Anyway, Waves and Slate offer comparable products too. How better or not is debatable (there's a thread about it), but you might want to save DSP power and money for the one-of-a-kind plugins, those you can't find in the native market.

Great buys:

- Manley Massive Passive EQ
    - Manley Vari MU
    - Shadow Hills mastering compressor
    - The Studer and Ampex tape machines
    - Lexicon and Roland reverbs
    - Ocean Way Studios convolution room simulation
    - Neve 88RS channel strip
    - API channel strip
    - Manley VoxBox
    - Chandler mastering EQ

These gems won't cost you cheap, even with coupons, but they are worth every penny. The smile on your face when you've put them in your busses and tracks won't be easily wiped out. All the other plugins can be had natively.

EDIT: One bit of advice. When you plan on buying a plugin, use all the demos, waste them. Every time you buy a plugin you get a reset of your demos. Word of caution: You'll feel miserable once you've tested something you really like and can't afford.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  9. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

Method 1 : Buy a card with 3 plugins included. Use it. Sell it retaining the plugins preferably in a country where the price is high. Repeat the process.
    Method 2 : Everynow and then, UAD makes a special offer on Octo card. You can then have 6 plugins in one strike.
    Method 3 : Buy a used card with plugins. Sell the used card retaining the plugins.
    Bonus : Use sales and coupons.
    Use the fact that buyers of your cards can use the plugins already activated with no other limit than them wanting a new plugin. The more you have the more attractive your card is bought second hand. Powerful incentive.

i've done this extensively and i now own every plugin on the UAD menu. Not to gloat but just to make a point.

And YES. They are just tremendous. They can withstand any signal. That's a very big advantage over lots of native ones.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016