Cpu Temperature

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Retrolize77, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Retrolize77

Retrolize77 Audiosexual

Ok, maybe rich info here, so u presume the hd can be problematic? Its a Sata 500 gb 5400 rpm, and its superslow. No ssd. Also it was „pimped“ with 16 gb ram (normally up to 8 gb was optional officially), i bought it like this from reseller. On normal Sierra here!
    Maybe an SSD could be an option to prevent the overheat process. Can you clear up the sata issue with newer OS?

2. anvier

anvier Ultrasonic

My Macbook pro 15¨mid 2012, 16 GB Ram and 1TB Samsung Evo running hot most of the time when I´m working on Logic, I think between 65 and 75º. In Final Cut is the same, i don´t know how to solve, i´d never clean the vents, maybe that could be helpfull.

sorry for my english

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Guys, that is normal for those Macbooks. Go to the site I provided you links to, and you will see that you are not the only ones. That CPU can take much more. It is not like you are going to have performance issues because you are running at 65 -75 degrees. Go and make some music, edit some movies.

4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Take it to them and have them swap the drive. You are right brother, enough crying. Now go and make some music. Dont let that heat get in the way! :drummer:

5. anvier

anvier Ultrasonic

Maybe you are right Pirate, the problem is my vents when the temperature is 65% they are running in 6000 rpm all the time, this make me think something is wrong

6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

It's not like SSDs don't get warm, but they do usually get slightly less warm than a HDD. However, putting an SSD in would make your computer seem faster. Personally, if I had the same problem and money was thin, I wouldn't worry about it, because SSDs cost more than a HDD.

Those Macbooks are known to run hot, indeed. It's due to a couple of reasons. Greed is one of them, and the second is sacrificing functionality for design. The usual Apple problem. My wife has a 2012 Macbook and it's been always problematic - overheating is just one of them. The one she had before, 2009 model died after 3 years. It was overheating, too. I personally take care of this newer one because warranty expired.

I have my 2011 Lenovo Thinkpad and it's still running smoothly, on the other hand. I'm just saying how it is...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  7. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

I would recommend the swap to SSD. Sierra was designed to opperate on it's performance abilities, and once I swapped I instantly noticed temperature changes, and it runs audio apps much smoother. I'd recommend also running VI's from an external and another separate external for your sessions so that tasks are spread out. My mbp has the same specs as yours I think. I'm able to run a lot of plugins in some pretty heavy loaded sessions so I believe yours should still be fully capable as well.

8. Retrolize77

Retrolize77 Audiosexual

VI, is that virtual instruments?
    I save my sessions on a USB-Stick (Project Folder), hope this isnt a crazy idea.
    I consider the change, thx alot for all the input & concerns!

9. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

IF they were not running THEN something would be wrong with the sensors. VERY wrong. Do you think that the computer is going to wait until your CPU is at 99 degrees to cool it off? Just reset your SMC and go on making music, editing videos, or whatever. We are going in circles here. How many times we have to repeat the same thing: Macbooks running in the 65-75 degree range are well within their safe operating range. The TJunction for the i5 in those MBP is 100 degrees. It is not 65. It is not 75.

10. Retrolize77

Retrolize77 Audiosexual

Case closed i would say. Thx to all