could use some help. thanks in advance!

Discussion in 'Software' started by sIacker, Jul 24, 2024 at 4:39 PM.

1. sIacker

sIacker Newbie

Hi there, I'm new here but i was wondering if somebody could give me a little help with an issue I have with softube plugins. Any help is highly appreciated.

Problem is that the plugins won't save their last preset state, and every time I load up a project the preset has reverted to its default state (nothing selected in plugin window). That is the case in Ableton Live Suite v11.3.25 and Ableton Live Suite v12.0.10.

I had the vst3 versions only installed before, but I read that's the problem, so I uninstalled all softube plugins and reinstalled them as vst2, but it didn't solve the issue. So now I don't know how to figure out a fix. If anyone has an idea please let me know. thank you very much.

3. Krypton85

Krypton85 Ultrasonic

If I recall correctly Softube had some problems with their vst3 plugins and preset management in Ableton in V11. Don't know if they fixed this. Did you try running Ableton with admin privileges (when on Windows)?

4. sIacker

sIacker Newbie

thanks so much for your reply <3 yeah I think you recall correctly since I read the same thing on another forum. and yes I tried running ableton with admin rights, but that didn't help either. it wouldn't be a good workaround anyways, since you cannot drag and drop files into ableton when in admin mode.

5. Krypton85

Krypton85 Ultrasonic

Yep. Was just a suggestion to see if it makes any difference with or without admin privileges. Do you have another DAW to test things with? Maybe you can rule out the plugins or the DAW as culprit.

6. muse2love

muse2love Producer

Honestly

You'll have to install all version and copy presets to recreate them but maybe it won't work...

softube have issues with the vst3

7. shinjiya

shinjiya Producer

Are these "alternative" plugins from the sister site or are they all legit? Have you tried a different DAW? Get the reaper demo if you just want to test it fast with no headaches. If it also doesn't save on Reaper (or other DAW), then it's the plugin.

My "alternative" softube plugins work great in Studio One and never had such issues.

8. sIacker

sIacker Newbie

of course, and I appreciated it very much. Like I said, I'm very happy to get any suggestions, even though some of them might not be the solution. Testing it in another DAW didnt come to mind either :) So I will try that next, thanks!

9. sIacker

sIacker Newbie

No I havent tried that, thanks, I will now. I didnt get them from softube directly ;)

10. clone

clone Audiosexual

if your other plugins from third-party developers all work, the problem is the Softube plugins. or how you installed them. You already tried 2 versions of Ableton, so you shouldn't really need to go further than that. Your DAW doesn't have a feature you could set incorrectly and have it only affect one developer.

11. sIacker

sIacker Newbie

so you mean, both version vst2 and vst3 need to be installed? why would I have to recreate the presets? and where would I copy them?

12. sIacker

sIacker Newbie

that's what I'm thinking too, all other plugins work perfectly fine, presets get saved, everythings normal, it's only with softube. but I wonder what could have gone wrong during installation, cause I just hit the next button, checked the vst version and installed.

I kind of suspect it's the version of ableton, and the softube plugins are too outdated for it. I wanted to test it actually, but haven't gotten to install an older version of ableton yet, cause I'm pretty sure all worked fine a few months ago. But I couldn't go back to 11, now that 12 has an option to organize and sort plugins.

13. sIacker

sIacker Newbie

Best Answer
    it was none of the above. it was my fault after all.

It saves the plugin state perfectly fine, all knobs stayed in position when reopening a project. What doesnt stay in position is the preset title, so upon reloading a project the preset title bar of the plugin is empty.

Obviously I couldnt remember what my beat sounded like, seeing the preset title bar empty, made me thinking the preset state wasnt saved. jumping to conclusions too quick. ^^

anyways, thanks so much for all your help, so sweet <3. sorry i wasted your time, tho.