Could someone please help with Steinberg Retrologue (from AZ) installation?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Robert Redfox, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Robert Redfox

Robert Redfox Newbie

Hello, so all I want to do is run Steinberg Retrologue-v2.2.10-CE-V.R.
    Im using Ableton 10 and Windows 10, both legit.

It says that you need eLicenser installed, which I have (tried both latest version and the version that comes with the VR release). At the end of the Retrologue installation, a CMD window pops up and is supposed to close automatically after successful license crack. Here, the last line in the CMD window is an error.
    Originally in German it says "Es kann kein Vorgang auf Lan-Verbindung ausgeführt werden, solange dessen Medium nicht verbunden ist". Translated something like: "Process on Lan-Connection can't be executed, as long as its medium is not connected.". I only have WLan and its activated and I have no option to do activate any other Lan stuff in Windows. Just saying, because someone elses comment in the release thread is:

"2. Make sure local network is active & run Steinberg Retrologue 2.2.10 CE
    Command window will open & close automatically upon successful registration operation"

I started Ableton, it could not verify the license, Retrologue didn't run.

OK, so my next attempt was to install the licenser from "Steinberg Absolute 4 Collection Fake Soft eLicenser Bundle-b22-V.R.". Here all the CMD stuff worked out without any errors. Then I installed Retrologue again from "Steinberg Retrologue-v2.2.10-CE-V.R." (not from the Steinberg Download Assistant) and it worked, at least there was no error in the pop up CMD window.

I started Ableton and this time there was no failed license verification, great. I open Retrologue and it works totally fine. But now, whenever I close an Ableton project that includes Retrologue, a window with "A serious program error has occurred." pops up and the project file is corrupted and can't be opened any more.

Sorry for the wall of text, I tried to include as many details as possible to increase my chances for getting help here.

So what is the correct way to get Retrologue running without crashing Ableton?

Cheers

3. statik

statik Audiosexual

have you tried turning it on and off again?

might wanna try running the setups as admin other than that no idea

4. Robert Redfox

Robert Redfox Newbie

Hi, thanks for the reply. Turning what on\off?

5. PartyShit

PartyShit Producer

You should install the latest b22 licensed Cubase 11 Elements
    It comes with library manager and you can download & install the latest Groove Agent, Retrolouge 2...etc officially and the b22 antitrial registers them.

6. Robert Redfox

Robert Redfox Newbie

Hello, this is the Antitrial, correct: "Steinberg Absolute 4 Collection Fake Soft eLicenser Bundle-b22-V.R"

I tried it several times, this time I even downloaded Retro from Steinberg Assistant and Library Manager, I did not use the one from the Retrologue V.R. release. It crashes unfortunately. Do I need to block\edit stuff in Windows?

7. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

8. Robert Redfox

Robert Redfox Newbie

Lol this is a hilarious answer.

1. I am not the only one that does not run an entirely cracked system. The problem is I get frustrated\stuck with music production, "writers block" or whatever term you want to use, then I want to try out a bunch of new plugins because it sometimes helps me get past my stagnation. And I know myself, after a few days I never touch the plugin again, so its not always worth buying it. This time its Retrologue, as I love the sequencer.

2. Also, nice website you got there. Next time, if you want to be actually helpful, please link me a shop that does not have 85% 1 of 5 stars with over 600 reviews on Trustpilot and is run by a bunch of fucking criminals. Thanks!!! https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.allegro.pl

9. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

:rofl:
    Loool. You watch reviews on trust pilots? Man this site is like ebay or amazon. With stuff from different people.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/ebay.com
    https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.amazon.com

If You want to try new plugins there is something like Trial or demo for free.
    Retrologue 2 has trial for 60 days or 30 so You can unblock your writers block while this time period and never touched again.

10. Robert Redfox

Robert Redfox Newbie

i just got it from ebay legit for 20€. anyways thanks for helping me making this decision

11. Robert Redfox

Robert Redfox Newbie

now my problem is how to remove the hundreds of non-legit licenses from my elicenser file that i got with the V.R. bundle... uninstalling doesnt help lol.

edit, got i.... needed to uninstall and manually delete all sycrosoft files from several windows folders

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020