copying automation in Ableton Live 10

Discussion in 'Live' started by nmkeraj, Dec 4, 2018.

1. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

Hi, I have just encountered a problem when I tried to copy an automation done in Master Track. I have got a few mutes done (from 0db to silence) of Mixer Track Volume. And I want to copy them to Mixer Speaker On. And/or opposite. I tried COPY and CUT commands but they don't work. The only clue I am getting is, Track Volume has many values and Speaker On has only two, ON and OFF. Any idea what is happening?

3. noize2sound

noize2sound Kapellmeister

Not sure that you can copy Master track automation on clip board

4. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

I usually load the utility plugin and paste the automation on the volume in that.

5. noize2sound

SO do you have Automation on Utility ? I mean Utility on Master track ?

6. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

No, I don’t have Utility there. I have automated Track Volume. It looks like I cannot copy an automation of a fader with many positions to set into a switch with only two positions, and vice versa. I cannot check at the moment but it seems that it is not about Master Track.

7. Magic Mango

Magic Mango Producer

right-click - copy envelope

or ctrl + alt + c

8. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

It's a safety measure, built into Live. It's meant to prevent users from doing stupid noobie mistakes.
    You don't automate the master track.

9. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

I don't use Live very much, but could there be a way to possibly velocity scale the selected event information? You know, any value above 50% is a scaled to 100% and any value below 50% is scaled to 0%.

10. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

look in your midi devices. Theres a device that lets you "compress" midi velocity. You can set curves that designate notes above x velocity get boosted by a certain amount, up to y ceiling, and notes below x velocity get pushed down. You can even add randomization

Btw you can also click and drag empty space in the velocity editor to highlight notes (only works if you highlight the node at the top of the velocity candlestick). You can use that to make selections based on velocity range, and ctrl + drag in the velocity editor creates a slope that sets velocity notes in its path to its xy value. If you highlight notes, it will only affect the highlighted notes

11. noize2sound

Make fool out of ABleton... put Utility in Master track... You can paste automation on that as it is in same track. Now take that utility to your desired track

12. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

1. I can copy my automation to another track with continue controllers (I mean a slider or a knob) of any plugin. But switches behave strange and it depends on how many values they have. Check it, please.
    2. Right click in a target doesn’t show PASTE.
    I can right click and copy or cut in a source and then right click paste in a target but as above not to switches.
    3. I will employ Utility now. But just for solving problem dependences between parameters I would like to solve it.