Copped a Elektron Model Samples: what am I in for?

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by Grater, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Grater

Grater Ultrasonic

Found a decent deal on ebay and bought myself an xmas prezzie.
    Now I've never used an Elektron machine before but judging from the knobs it looks pretty intuitive and fun. The only hardware machine sampler I used is the MPC live, which I still have and am learning. What is something a newbie should know about the workflow?

3. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

If you wanna get fluent with any elektron machine, take your time and work yourself through the manual after updating to the latest OS.
    I'd start with file management to avoid headaches later :wink:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
  4. Tele_Vision

Tele_Vision Platinum Record

I"m in the same boat, only I bought a Digitakt on sale. Overbridge works great with Ableton, no so much on Digital Performer.

5. Grater

Grater Ultrasonic

Thanks guys. I’m all in Ableton although Ive come to realize that the audio engine just doesnt sound as good as cubase and pro tools. The workflow is killer however

6. droplet

droplet Rock Star

didn't ableton die off a few months back? if they're still around they need to get their act together.

7. j.cnnr

j.cnnr Kapellmeister

Once you are familiar with the basic functions, i would recommend digging into the: Chance / Condition and Sample Locks, especially if you like IDM music.

If you don't know about this community, you should: https://www.elektronauts.com/c/elektron-gear/model-samples/50

P.S The MPC One + Model Samples combo gives me many hours of fun, and if you add a Korg Monologue and a Behringer Td3, you will never leave home again lol! :rofl: