Cool songs with fairly simple guitar parts

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cav Emp, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I used to play guitar a bunch when I was younger. I've forgotten a lot of what I used to know, and spent several year mostly just listening to rap and electronic music. The purpose of this thread is mostly so I can gather some ideas for some dope songs that would not be out of my league to learn (fairly novice/intermediate player at this point). Also so I can transfer that knowledge to practicing this stuff on Push.

I'm not gonna turn my nose up at any suggestions, but FWIW the stuff i used to listen to/play was in the vein of... Tool, Deftones, Incubus, RHCP, Hendrix, to name a few.

3. Recoil

Recoil Guest

4. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Haliax

Haliax Guest

Early Sabbath, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Cream, Led Zeppelin. They are all full of awesome riffs

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Calm.Down

Calm.Down Banned

All of the good stuff have been lumped together on AZ. Take a look and have a ball!:like:

BTW

1. Listening to songs
    2. Deeply understanding the music's mechanism
    3. Making songs by yourself
    4. Playing songs (made by yourself or playing other people's songs)
    are almost 4 less-related processes (if not being said disconnected). #1 doesn't guarantee that you can be successful at #2, #3 and #4. Also #2 alone doesn't guarantee that you could be a professional listener. These 4 ones must be invested parallelly.:wink:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  7. yomav

yomav Newbie

I've recently been wanting to learn a couple songs, and would suggest them as songs to work on in class. Z.Z. Top - Just Got Back From Baby's, and Colin James - Can't You See What You're Doin' To Me, an oldie, but I like his solos.

8. Sayan B

Sayan B Ultrasonic