Cool Precise scientific Free Plugins (eq, dist and analyzer, etc) German made

Discussion in 'Software' started by muaB, Feb 8, 2016.

1. muaB

muaB Producer

Hey guys, ive been using this stuff and im very satisfied with it and the guy who makes them is very scientific and a nice dude basically. thats why i felt i should share his free page to you.

http://www.rs-met.com/freebies.html

plus the filter (engineers filter) cuts lows better than any ssl or fab filter in super steep mode.
    its like a plugin from/for scientists.
    and the analyzer is doing its job very well (live frequency analysis and waveform) (needs good cpu though/disable if you dont need)

so go and check (and mail him to develop more cool stuff and upgrade it!)

3. audiowolf

audiowolf Producer

Very cool free plugins, thanks for sharing muaB. I actually prefer plugins with practical, simple GUIs like that. I wish expensive plugin devs (waves) didn't feel the need to have fancy 3d graphics and would focus on more important things.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Good info indeed. I remember watching this site when I was looking for free pitch shifter plugins.

Agreed. When you see a plugin new version marketing and one of the "biggest" new features is "our fancy UI now is freely resizable/3D/OpenGL/DirectX!!!!" you know something is wrong.

Another completely different subject are nice GUIs that are actually useful (Fabfilter ones, for instance).

5. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

crossover can be quite useful I think, never seen such plugin before...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I see you've discovered Robin Schmidt's plugins. :wink: Beautiful GUIs and so functional, not in the way! :wink: I love them!

Very handy plugins that I've been using for at least 5 years, but I think more. His EasyQ is a really good tracking EQ. Crossover is handy when you need multiband "something". FuncShaper is a very flexible waveshaping distortion. Hell, even his pitch shifter is good, but more as a FX pitch shifter. The only bad thing is he hasn't updated his plugins to x64 so you have to use them with a x86 VST bridge. I haven't encountered any stability problems with these. :wink:

The font he uses in these plugins reminds me of Atari ST font! :winker: Good ole Atari. :sad:

7. audiowolf

audiowolf Producer

Unless I'm mistaken about what Crossover is, you can sort of do this in Studio One with it's built in frequency splitter. Useful feature (besides the obvious use of splitting between bass and the rest, I've used it to split chord progressions and use different compression settings or lfotool sidechaining on each band so they pump differently for an interesting effect)

But Crossover is more powerful for sure with the multiple bands and adjustable slopes. I don't know how to make it output things in studio one though