Cool Hack on How to Find & Download those Rare Deep House Apple loops

Discussion in 'Logic' started by FadedShadows, Aug 17, 2017.

1. FadedShadows

FadedShadows Ultrasonic

How to Hack/Crack and Fix Logic Pro X's Additional Content Download issues. I found a cool way to crack the IOS GarageBand app and extract the hidden apple loops, which so happened to be all of the ones that were missing from my Logic content library. Plus a cool trick to find the hidden temporary directory, where Logic will download the Apple loops too before installing. This video also shows some cool ways on how to use symlinks to create additional space to store your Logic content library on external drives and increase your DAWs disk performance.

3. alex921

alex921 Producer

Cool find. Do you how I can rewire Mainstage into ableton or bitwig

4. FadedShadows

FadedShadows Ultrasonic

Wow, I have not messed with Mainstage in a long time, but doing some quick research: It looks like you can, but MainStage can only be used as a ReWire Master which means Ableton Live will have to be the slave. And it looks there is a beta version of soundflower that now works with El Capitan, which should allow you to route the audio from Mainstage to Live.

Or you can do what I did and just buy another Laptop, nothing too expensive, I found a good ROG Asus for about $600 US at my local pawn shop, where they had layaway, and I got it out in 3 months. Then I put Ableton and Reson on it and then I just pipe the audio from it into a mixer that has a USB cable that goes into my mac, plus I can add the audio from the keyboard into that mixer too. And for the MIDI, I use rtpMIDI on the windows 10 laptop and use Mac's Network over MIDI. I have a bunch of videos that explain on how to do this in detail: link below:

By doing it this way you offset the processing load by distributing the DAWs between two computers, plus having a windows laptop allows for me to run windows only VST in my Logic session. :wink: