Converting Nexus Presets

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by grizz, Nov 19, 2014.

1. grizz

grizz Member

i just tried an tested the converted nexus sf2 in kontakt and they work wonderfully. good velocity and everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26mGq2WPe54 (i forgot to set the volume but as you can see it works)

2. grizz

grizz Member

these sf2 can be used in kontakt and you can use the effects from kontakt on them. remaking a video for peeps to check

3. Lao

Lao Newbie

Hello guys

I`ve read this topic.Its very interessting. I like the Nexus sounds. Can someone explain how to convert the nexus to kontakt. And what do I need to make this happend. Thx

Lao

4. Dow Jones

Dow Jones Newbie

I have the hip hop vol 1 if ya need it

5. grizz

grizz Member

sending message now

6. tmoneygohard

tmoneygohard Newbie

i have the hollywood nexus2 expansion but i dont have the the 2.2.1 version of nexus2 so i can not convert the expansion to sf2 in chainer, i was wonder if it is a another way for me to convert it

7. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

make a new video and let us hear the coversation , if its sound near the original preset !

imo most of those homebrewed conversations arent that good and not worth the effort !

8. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Personally the only way I could see a point to it would be give people access to the presets they are so desperate for in the new expansion packs that you can't play without Nexus 2.2.1+ or whatever it is.

Then i'm not even sure you could do it as you would need someone with the expansions ect to convert the samples. Whether u can convert the expansions that u can download without nexus 2.2.1 onwards or whatever it is onwards I don't know.

Personally I don't like Nexus nor do I use it.

I also see little point in spending eons of time converting samples to use in Kontakt when nexus can do it allready apart from the aspect of it being a positive community project where everyone can contribute a little & achieve something cool.

Like I said I am willing to script a GUI but that is just trying to help out the people who are desperate to use the new expansion packs. That's if it's even possible.

Personally I don't think it is worth the time & effort but if enough people want it then so be it I don't mind.

However it will be a huge task. Like I said one expansion pack maybe ect.

I agree that some home based projects are not that great but there are also ones that are 'outstanding' & also as a community project it can only be viewed as a positive thing imo that maybe everyone may learn something new so in that aspect home based projects can be fantastic learning tools. Also imo u should never put somebody down etc for trying to help create something free for people to use (not that I suggesting u are :mates:) because that is one part of the human spirit that is pure & also pretty great imo :wink:

I hope for the people who want these presets that much that it is possible & I will download some of the expansions & maybe even give the old Nexus another go & see what happens *yes*

9. javibeats

javibeats Newbie

Anyone have the "Guitars expansion" from nexus converted to Kontakt?