Converting isolated drums to tempo/pitch accurate midi(melodyne /reaper)

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by theoctavist, Feb 20, 2022.

1. theoctavist

theoctavist Noisemaker

recording a song. Have the drums isolated/tracked separately.

Use the *percussive* algorithm. Detection seems ok, but when I "export as midi" (after selecting all the notes or blobs), and then open said midi in the *very same song* within reaper, the notes don't extend the length of the song, the tempo is jacked up, and it just doesn't work. I'm trying to beef up my drum tracks using a vst instrument, driven by the melodyne -generated midi. But I clearly have no idea what I'm doing. Can someone help?

Thank y'all so much

Ps, I've tried using standalone and as a vst within reaper.

So to recap , I want to take my drum audio(that's been recorded separately) , convert *that* to pitch/tempo accurate midi and then use that midi to drive a drum/groovebox vst to beef up the acoustic drum tracks.

When I use standalone , select all the blobs , "export as midi" and then open that midi in reaper, the midi file is one bar, measure. It sure as heck is not the same length as the song I pulled the drums from.

And what is *export as tempo map* ? Do I need to export as a midi and tempo map for this to work?

Can someone tell me how to do this? Can use melodyne standalone or vst in reaper. I'm willing to try another method , other software idc. Just need to get it done

Edit: I'd like to use the same tempo that melodyne detected too, in reaper. But I'd settle for a midi file that uhh.. is more than one bar.

3. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. clone

clone Audiosexual

There are so many ways. UVI Drum Replacer is fun. Logic is 1 right click to open in Drum Machine Designer. Trigger 2 . about 100 others. None of them would be Melodyne.