Converting .ews files (East West) to wav?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Ceja, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Ceja

Ceja Ultrasonic

Hello guys,

I own a few East West Sample Libraries that run in their PLAY Engine. I was now wondering if there is any way to convert the sound samples that are the file type .ews into another audio format like wav? I sometimes just want to use a sample and put it into Ableton and work with it there. Opening the PLAY Engine, loading the instruments, playing the sound and converting it to audio always takes much longer, so just having the samples as wav files would help me a lot.

So any ideas? :)

3. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

simple answere , there are no any way to do so

you needs to keep your way as before

4. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Seems pretty self-explanatory, really: you'd have to open your PLAY instrument in a DAW, record the note(s) of the instrument(s) you want to sample as an audio track, then import the recorded .wav into a sampler. There's absolutely no other way to convert an .ews file/instrument to a .wav file. But why would you want to do that if you could just open up PLAY inside of Ableton (which you should be able to) and use the instruments you legally own that way?

5. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

there is a way that i use with my hardware & convert it to WAV or any format that i want
    you can try it with software too but i didn't test it yet but it will work 100%
    Extreme Sample Converter
    i did used it with my good old hardware synth Roland Xp-50 and i made a kontakt library out of my presets
    Mr_Amine - Roland XP-50 (RXP50 UPDATE) Kontakt Library

[​IMG]

more info about the software is http://www.extranslator.com/index.php?page=exsc

6. tjgoa

tjgoa Ultrasonic

stream to wave each preset, share, be a hero! start with the voices one :)