Converting .cpt audio files to .wav????

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by tommyzai, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tommyzai

tommyzai Platinum Record

Any idea how I can convert .cpt files to .wav on a Mac?

3. MetaCastle

MetaCastle Guest

Aren't cpt daw project files?

4. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

If you're talking about DVD audio, I'd guess DVD Studio Pro oughta do it.

5. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

I'll take a guess, cpt files might be DTS 5.1 surround files. So you can try shoving that into FFMPEG or FFMPEG-based tools & seeing what it makes.

6. MetaCastle

MetaCastle Guest

Try if vlc can play it if can then vlc can convert it check the menus there is option to do that

7. aeroflot

aeroflot Kapellmeister

The CPT file extension is a data format known as DTS Compact Audio File. CPT files were developed by DTS. These files are audio files that contain audio, timecode, and header data. They are coded in “Motorola” (most significant byte first) byte order or otherwise known as big endian. They are used by DVD authoring programs and combined with video data to create DVDs. There are two other formats used in DTS recording files namely, DTS Padded with a DTS file extension and the DTS WAV with a WAV file extension. Padded format include additional zeroes aside from the audio data while WAV format are padded audio data stored in “Intel” (low-order byte first) byte order. Most DVD authoring systems are able to use both Padded and Compact file types. Files in CPT format can be opened with DTS-HD Master Audio Suite and DTS Surround Audio Suite in Mac Os and Microsoft Windows based systems

8. tommyzai

tommyzai Platinum Record

Thanks to all!!!