Convert USB Soundscan and Pro Samples to WAV

Discussion in 'Software' started by SAPO, Mar 14, 2018.

1. SAPO

SAPO Ultrasonic

Hi Everybody!

I recently downloaded the complete collection USB Soundscan and Pro Samples, but everything is in .iso format unreadable by mac users...

I tried to use CDXtract (i used it a lot when i was on windows) but even on exploitation system emulators i can't open and extract the .wav files, i can't even see the files.

My request is: if someone already did that conversion/extract, can he share it? Or maybe someone who can/want to do it... I can give the packages if it's more practical.

I remember those soundbanks ans i really would like to have them again...
    Thanks for your help! :)

PS: Excuse my english...

3. Blorg

Blorg Producer

4. SAPO

SAPO Ultrasonic

@Blorg

Thanks for trying to help me! Unfortunately I already tried CDXtract, Translator...
    The main problem, i think, is that i can't mount these .iso images on my mac...

That's why i iguess my last option is to find a great windows user :) to do the job for all people in my case or maybe someone who already did this, sharing it with us...

5. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Most likely the image is mounted but the system doesn't recognize the file system in the virtual disk. So nothing pops up when you double click the iso. This means the iso is already mounted but you then have to browse it/convert it etc, from within your converter soft, that is whatever software you have like to read & convert AKAI volumes like CDXtract.
    If you tried and still have difficulty:
    Install free Daemon Tools for Mac and use it to mount the iso: https://daemon-tools-mac.en.softonic.com/mac
    Then you can use your CDxtract, Translator Pro etc. You can also import/convert Akai samples and programs (that is presets) with NI Kontakt or EXS24 in Logic and more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. SAPO

SAPO Ultrasonic

@taskforce thanks for you concern!

That's the problem... i got a pop up windows saying me i can't mount the image file.
    obviously i can't mount akai image .iso... :snuffy:

I tried daemon tools too... nothing... :dunno:

7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

If Daemon Tools doesn't work perhaps you'll have to resort to a Windows Virtual Machine (Parallels on Mac is the best I think).
    My laptop is a MacBook with dual Mac OS X and Windows (BootCamp).
    I could try if I find the time.
    How many megas/gigas are we talking about?

8. SAPO

SAPO Ultrasonic

@Xupito Thanks a lot!

I'm downloading Parallels but i guess i have to download a windows installer too... it becomes a bit tricky to get this stuff and my MPB is a bit tired too... ^^

For the Pro Samples Collection we speak about almost 16go and quiet the same for the USB Soundscan one.
    I can send you just one .iso image to figure out if you can do something...

Thanks for your help!

9. Cackwizard

Cackwizard Ultrasonic

Hi I used Ultra ISO to see the wave files. None of the other iso programs worked but the Ultra ISO did... I think that is the program I used, I'll look a bit on my pc to see if I used another program, but I'm pretty sure it was Ultra, so you can try that

10. SAPO

SAPO Ultrasonic

Thanks! I just tried it with wine but doesn't work... invalid format
    These .iso seem to be in a special .iso format...

11. SAPO

SAPO Ultrasonic

I gave a try to the WIN version of CDXtract 4.5 into wine, and it works... i don't know why it works now but that works! :wink:
    I can post them on the sister but i don't know how do store all that stuff... If someone want to give me an advice or simply want to do that, i can give him the files!

Thanks for all everybody! :thanks:

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List