Convert Piano Harmony into Guitar Harmony - Vst ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by BenniTheBlockbuster, Nov 17, 2022.

1. BenniTheBlockbuster

BenniTheBlockbuster Producer

Hi , I am looking for a program , vst or a website which can read a keyboard melody as a midi file , this midi file should then be converted into realistic guitar chords .

You play chords on the guitar quite differently than on a piano.

I would like to realize that if I have a piano harmony in midi, that I get it as the same harmony but as a realistic midi file for a guitar VST.

Of course, only 6 notes may occur in the harmony so that it sounds realistic, because the guitar has only 6 strings that can be played simultaneously.

I Hope you understand what i mean , sorry for my Bad english.

Thank you

3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

"keyboard melody converted into realistic guitar chords"
    If this is really what you mean, you need a specific guitar arranger. I dont know if it exist.

Or do you mean piano chords to guitar chords?

4. jarredou

jarredou Producer

There are some virtual guitar instruments that manage to rearrange keyboard playing to guitar-like playing, like Ample Sound's ones. There are some others kontakt capable of this but I don't remember their name.Maybe also could be some MIDI FX to manage this in MIDI.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
  5. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

^ That would be my guess too, just trial and error with Ample, or know how the guitar works so well that you can see if the voicing works by just staring at the keyboard.

6. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

Do you mean piano chords to gtr chords? Cubase chord track has option for either piano or guitar voicing

7. transporter1333

transporter1333 Member

Hello BenniTheBlockBuster...

Impact Soundworks have lots of KONTAKT based Guitar Instruments thats could be used with MIDI...

Plugin Boutique - Scaler 2, can also translate your Piano Chords to MIDI, then export it to another App, VST, etc...
    Another option is to put your Piano Chords in the Bandmate feature of EZBass, convert to MIDI, then export it to another App, VST, etc...

8. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I think all advanced guitar plugins at least voice/distribute decently the chords over the different strings.
    Ample Sound and Shreddage (Kontakt) at least. There's options like "economy mode" and even hand position.
    Just be careful with 3+ notes chords, or just wide-ranged because they can be reduced to half-an-octave.