Control link box missing anyone?

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by hoodhendrix, May 4, 2013.

1. hoodhendrix

hoodhendrix Member

been messing around studio one here and there but for the life of me cant figure out why i dont have the control link box on the right hand side! any one know what to click on? all my devices are recognized. also i seen people speak on similar issues and presonus responds to all the other comments on youtube but those! :dunno:

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

Not quite sure what your asking here (control box on right hand side?) but have you tried deleting midi devices and then adding a new device? (studio one / options / external devices).
    Is your midi using the correct connection to S1? I have 2 connections listed (Midilink and USB midi cable) which sometimes causes S1 to throw a wobbly.

4. hoodhendrix

hoodhendrix Member

in the top left hand corner in studio one there is two black boxes. the feature is called Control Link its even called that in the manual. I only have one box. the one that should be on the right is gone. and there should be a link symbol in the center
    [​IMG]

5. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

I've not experienced that myself. Is it a possible software bug? I deleted my midi devices but still have 2 boxes showing.
    I would try a re-install

6. hoodhendrix

hoodhendrix Member

funny thing is i did that too and no cigar. i think its maybe like that because all my midi devices are listed in their preset menu. KorgpadKontrol, and a mpk49. my Neko has a built in mapping for studio one. i also installed the same version 64 bit on my other machine and it has two boxes. oh yeah i had 1.5 i uninstalled that today as well. it had two boxes but for some reason 2.5 has one missing. strange strange strange???

7. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

Is your S1 window at maximize? If I reduce the size of the window the box disappears, at full screen max, it returns. :dunno:

[​IMG]

8. hoodhendrix

hoodhendrix Member

ok now the the first one is how my screen looks!! what do i click on to have it maximized. is it within the daw because the typical OS window resizing dosnt work but your on to something. my screren looks exactly like your first screen shot!!

9. hoodhendrix

hoodhendrix Member

ok i found the problem i free floated the window and stretched it. and the box popped up! funny thing is i have a 32 in screen and its still not wide enough. but my 22 in screen on my desktop is wide enough and shows the two boxes? thanks sausage!! :wink: either everyone else was just as baffled or their brains are in permanent leech mode. thank you sir or um.... which do you prefer to be called Silly or Sausage......... :bow:

10. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

I suddenly remembered this morning I had experienced same problem when I first installed S1 and realised it was probably a floating window size thing. I think Presonus need to add a little icon so you can open the box when using a smaller window.

Sir, Silly, or Sausage is fine by me :mates: