Control Ableton Live from a Yamaha 01v96i

Discussion in 'Live' started by petepx, Jun 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. petepx

petepx Kapellmeister

Does someone succeed or have informations about controlling Ableton Live from the Remote part of the Yamaha 01v96i, like you would do it with other control surfaces.

I use for now an Akai APC 40, but I only got 8 tracks and the faders are not motorized to sync with the DAW.

About my Yamaha hardware, I just succeeded to send volume informations from the faders (no mutes), and I failed to receive back the informations from Live to have motorization.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

3. artcrime

artcrime Member

There is some stuff about this in the ableton forums, basically you set the o1v to either protools or general DAW, in ableton you use the hui/mackie control, control surface, assuming you set the o1v up as per the manual, you will have it set to DAW USB 1 & 2.(DIO/Setup)
    you setup 2 of these in ableton on yamaha 01v961-1 & yamaha 01v96i-2. This will give you 16 channels of control surface.you can put macros on the user define keys to start/stop/record etc.
    Good luck, Damn good bit of kit the 01v, but can be a labrinthine bastard at times.
    A|C