Constructive criticism needed.

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by jagen, Jan 10, 2022.

1. jagen

jagen Guest

Thank you, but sometimes, one needs to hear what the world has to say about you be it good or bad. It aids positive changes.

2. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

That's very true, I found that my friends didn't know how to give me constructive advice. They only knew how to make a face and say simple things. Which isn't much to go by.

But strangers online whipped me back into shape in a constructive way cause they also make music so they knew how to direct me. If anything it's strangers that saved me when I was starting out.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  3. jagen

jagen Guest

Thanks a lot

4. Coreal

Coreal Member

No one can tell you how to think and what to think about. All criticisms will be forgotten the next week and you'd be alone with your own thoughts and interests.:)

5. EindBaaz

EindBaaz Noisemaker

Besides all the feedback you already got, i for one am not fond of the lyrics.
    Wha DJ Mani said is true but the way he said wasnt nice.

What I think he means with nursery rhymes, is that your lyrics are basic at best, they dont rly intertwine and you only use 1 word to make it rhyme/flow.
    Use more words (double time) or big words with many syllables.

Just a quick nonsense example
    1 word rhyme:
    You dont know how to rap so you sound BAD,
    and reading this will prolly make you MAD.

2 words rhyme:
    You dont know how to rap so you SOUND BAD,
    and reading this will prolly make you pro-FOUND MAD

Besides that, its also nice to have the rhymes 2 times in 1 line so you have 4 rhymes in 2 lines.

Writing really good lyrics takes time unlike the nursery rhymes you can make in a few hours or less.
    Its like how many see 2pac as the greatest while his lyrics skill-wise are actually garbage compared to real lyricists.
    In the rap world noone cares about skills anyway that only counts in the hip hop scene.
    Yes rap is mainstream garbage and hip hop remains underground thats the difference because in the rap world you are judged by the amount you sell and in the hiphop scene you get judged by your skills.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  6. Dmotr Softor

Dmotr Softor Kapellmeister

It's an important notice. Thnx for clarifying the difference of this terms.

7. EindBaaz

EindBaaz Noisemaker

Dude take a chill-pill and dont talk you are a gangster who kills people on a daily basis, there is no place for bs like this on a forum like this...

8. jagen

jagen Guest

I just wanted something simple as A, B and C. I can do something similar to Rakim's - Holy Are You but, we make music for ourselves and for the people. I just didn't want something someone will have to pick up a dictionary just to fit into the song. The generation of today is not as intelligent as past generations that's why certain artists (I choose not to mention) sells records in this age and time.
    These days, the rate everyone chases clout and scrilla is more than in the past, which makes them forget the importance of quality over quantity.

Well, thank you for your criticism.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2022
  9. BuntyMcCunty

BuntyMcCunty Rock Star

Presumably, you're talking so much trash because you've actually got a record deal and you're shipping product? What label are you signed to? What records do you have out?

10. jagen

jagen Guest

Thanks to everybody that gave an assessment of my track. TBH, I learned some new things. Thank you all.