Construction kits

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by peterA, Feb 8, 2016.

1. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Well, yes and no. It's doubtable such work will cut through the threshold of originality und could thus be protected by copyright.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threshold_of_originality

2. Sonny Crockett

Sonny Crockett Kapellmeister

I don't remember using them and build a song exclusively with any sample pack, but I did use some of the tracks to do my own creation. It depends what do you want to do I think. Sometimes I see it pointless because if you even think about let's say use one sample from a kit with another sample for other kit they may not match for obvious reasons, so I rather use some but individually.

3. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

@recycle Well... When someone signs a contract to give the rights of their creation to whoever buys their released sample cd, THEY CANNOT claim those rights back, because they have forfeited those rights already, always within the terms of fair use. It is not the creators of the sample library that asked you indirectly to remove your so called "illegal" track. What part of this escapes you, i wonder. The sample u used CAME FROM A COMMERCIALLY RELEASED RECORD and you are subsidiary of fraud because you paid for a royalty free library and its not. So for Shazam, its exactly like you sampled a record and not used a royalty free sample library at all.
    http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr10/articles/notes_0410.htm