Considering purchasing FL-Studio.

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by ToadMonster, Feb 4, 2024.

1. ToadMonster

ToadMonster Ultrasonic

I really consider purchasing FL-Studio, and I have a few questions before I do. - Will any patched plugins work in a legit version of FL-Studio? - Secondly, will the legit version of FL-Studio "phone home" about the plugins legit / non-legit you have installed in the DAW? - Finally, have any of you guys who purchased FL-Studio, had ANY problems with ANY thirdparty plugins?

3. JurgenTV

JurgenTV Member

After that, imagen line would send all your info about cracked software to FBI.
    Haha nothing happens bro, if You can Buy it, do it, and when You go whit new fresh install use the firewall.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

Paid for the Producer version around 2008.
    Never had any problems with any 3rd party plug-ins, legit or otherwise.
    No phone-homes or any such activity.
    Still enjoying my lifetime free updates.
    Support is great.
    I'd say go for it.

• Like Like x 9
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. virusg

virusg Rock Star

go for it, block it anyway, it will phone home, update using news!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. redhalopro

redhalopro Member

No issues with 3rd party plugins for me either. Lifetime updates are awesome!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  7. clone

clone Audiosexual

your plugin host/daw will almost never block anything from working. there is no way for it to verify registration or ownership with another vendors software. but it will allow Third-Party plugins running inside it, to access the internet to do exactly that. So you have to block it yourself via application or OS firewall, or no internet connection. So in that same way, everyone has had problems with Third-Party plugins, but FL is almost never the actual source of the problem.

The problem with buying FL, or any other software; is that you will feel stuck using it just because you spent a lot of money on it. It's difficult enough to ditch FL for any other Linear DAW. So little of what you learn using FL translates to knowledge about other DAWs. That program is like a crutch, too. If you want to learn any other DAW; you almost have to delete it, or you will keep going back to it because you won't know what you are doing. If you are spending the money to "do the right thing" and go legit, your first post says otherwise. If you are trying to invest in your music production abilities by spending the money, buy a nice hard copy DAW book for another DAW.

8. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

I spent $199 16 years ago and still have full use and have not had to spend an extra cent.
    Is that spending a lot of money?
    Do the math.
    The longer I live, the better the deal gets:guru:

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. GeoffreyMcJefferson

GeoffreyMcJefferson Kapellmeister

Except then you can't use their new "FL Cloud" crap.

10. oneunder

oneunder Ultrasonic

Yeah, been using it with tinywall for years. Lifetime free updates is an excellent business model, go for it, it's well worth it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. clone

clone Audiosexual

The last time I looked the "All plugins" version, or whatever the most expanded version was called; was about 1000$. Now, I looked and it's $500. For some users that's a lot of money, and for others it's a piss hole in the snow. At $199 even, it's more than REAPER and equal the price of Logic. In those terms, at $199 it's still a lot of money for a vastly inferior DAW.

12. ToadMonster

ToadMonster Ultrasonic

Thanks guys, for your awesome replies.. I will definately go ahead and buy it..

13. mythimus

mythimus Member

Good choice! I bought it a little over a year ago and I have not regretted it at all. You'll just want to make sure you use something like revo when you uninstall your cracked version, or whatever you've been using. Make sure you get all the old software out of there before you go installing your paid version. You definitely won't regret it, and they deserve the support.

14. Ryan

Ryan Member

I get the idea that if you want to support a brand that you buy it. But unless there is anyhting wrong with the cracked version, what is the point of installing the real one over the cracked one? I mean, what is it going to change?

15. ToadMonster

ToadMonster Ultrasonic

The answer to that is that I like the concept of lifetime free updates, and to get new features and bugfixes when they are available.

16. TorathKal

TorathKal Member

I'm an FL Studio user myself since 2008 and even to this day I don't regret my purchase. The free lifetime updates won me over vs Ableton and Bitwigs business model of an upgrade fee for any major version update.

If you haven't bought FL Studio yet I would suggest you ask yourself what kind of music do you intend to make.
    Yes you can make the same music across all DAWs but some are easier to use for specific genres or tasks.

17. potatobread1

potatobread1 Noisemaker

They are doing regional prices now. I paid the equivalent of 100 USD for the signature version last week. I do not use cracked software anymore but I highly doubt that it will be a problem.

18. clone

clone Audiosexual

What genres of music do you think are easier to make in FL? I understand about all the template projects, learning examples, etc; but that is about things which make it easier to learn. Not better to use for a specific genre.

19. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

Lifetime free updates.
    Nice features.
    Gets the job done.

20. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Lifetime free updates used to be a paid feature for FL - i paid for it and then a few weeks after they included it in the normal editions.

FL is a good DAW if you like, buying it is a good idea.

i mean i own it legit, but im still on 20.8.4 - not really using much of the new features!

21. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

I bought it in version 4, did two upgrades during this time and now I own the full version with all plugins without spending a cent. Lifetime updates is a nobrainer