Considering a new tablet for art/music

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by not sure, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

2. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

yes, you can set the sensitivity, the area it works in, whether or not you use a pen or a mouse, all customisable to what program you use. definable menus etc.. you can pick them up on ebay for pennies.
    ( i use am A4 but you can get them down to A5.
    i haven't tried myself yet, but there is a new range that responds to touch also. but i don't how well it performs in that area. i do a lot of drawing etc. so it suits me to use a stylus instead of touch...

3. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    The Wacom is a very elaborate mouse. If you like laptops with trackpads, bringing that feature to a desktop is really cool. It takes some time to learn it, but it's much more pleasurable than a mouse. However, it's not a tablet at all. You get nothing of the apps and operating system. I have a Wacom and it's one of the best things I've spent money on.

4. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I have a Cintiq and it rocks but keep in mind, like @mercurysoto said, without a computer to connect to it's useless.

Side-note: I tried multiple styluses with my iPad and was constantly looking for something that offered palm-rejection because I need to rest my palm on the screen and not have it pick up as an actual touch, either shifting focus or drawing unwanted strokes. There are styluses out there that have palm rejection but the tech is not flawless.

I ended up with a simple Bamboo Fineline that doesn't need Bluetooth for pressure sensitivity and a pair of these
    [​IMG]

Greatest hack ever.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

As far as tabs go, I'd start off with LSD and work your way up. If that doesn't improve your music/art then nothing will :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. not sure

not sure Ultrasonic

I found a ghetto rig; SplashTop app with the Access Anywhere pack :hillbilly:
    Just need WiFi and my home PC needs to be on (unless I can configure a way to boot the PC up remotely)
    I could really freak out my girl, imagine the call...
    buzzbuzz "yeah, hello?"
    "uh hey, your computer is making beats on its own... and drawing inappropriate stick figures..."

I prefer sugar cubes and eye drops.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016