Confused between these two audio interfaces!

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by abhinavjoshua, Apr 25, 2016.

1. abhinavjoshua

abhinavjoshua Noisemaker

3. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

The Audient might be of better quality (which remains to be checked) but I would go with the Focusrite because:
    - It's significantly less expensive
    - It has MIDI ports (the Audient has none). Even if you don't need these now, it's better to be future proof

4. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I mostly agree except that any midi to usb interface is dirt cheap, so lack of midi should not be a limitation.

5. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

seems if you are doing vocals only anyway for now.. go for the best quality sound, and depends partly what mics you
    will be using? consider the quality of those as well, but better converters = better sound generally ?

6. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

The Audient unit is fairly new but it looks very nice. Certainly a "no frills" unit but reviews say it sounds very good. Focusrite has been around forever so they can't be that bad...as a matter of fact I use a Saffire Pro 40 and I like it fine. Some complain about Focusrites drivers and I do have some issues changing sample rates in Pro Tools but it's just a minor annoyance. If I were to buy a unit like this right now, I would seriously think about the Audient. Some say that for sound it comes close to RME but a lot cheaper. Keep us posted if you get the Audient unit.