Computer Crashed This Is All I Have

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Soja, Aug 3, 2024.

1. Soja

Soja Newbie

Hi :p my computer crashed and this is literally all I can salvage from my song can you guys please let me know what you think? I wish I had the intro...

3. Lad Impala

Lad Impala Rock Star

Sounds like a crashing computer :hillbilly:
    Just kidding. To me it sounds good, but could use a little more variation

4. Soja

Soja Newbie

I feel as if I added to much variation! haha it sucks the intro is so good but I couldn't salvage it and in the end I couldnt do anything :( but yes I agree! I think I needed to add more hi hats a crash a clap a snare everything and I was going to! but I literally exported it to show a friend and I went back and half was gone its so weird....

5. Lad Impala

Lad Impala Rock Star

yes, right now the song starts in the middle so with the intro would be better for sure
    man shame!!! i had the same problem this exact week. my SSD failed, i lost the song i was working on.
    luckily i still have the song fresh in my mind and it was still in its early ideas, so i was able to recreate not exactly the same but pretty close to what i had.
    What happened to your computer? was your drive damaged too?

6. reziduchamp

reziduchamp Platinum Record

If you're on Ableton it creates backup files. Dunno about other DAWs

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

You could use an AI Stem Separator on the audio. Then you can convert those back to Midi.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  8. Soja

Soja Newbie

I literally dont know like my drive is completely full so that might have been the issue. Like throughout the day I saved it and went back and it was there it was just this one instance where it was gone xD. SO fml I tried to salvage it but no cigar

9. Soja

Soja Newbie

Ya I tried to look at this but my computer deleted half my plugins as well so I have to redownload like 20 plugins that I used for this song. Which is BS idk how my computer could delete them. Like I went to my recycling bin and the files were not even there. It was a hard delete where it just deleted without leaving a trace. IDK how this happened. Strangest thing to me.

10. Soja

Soja Newbie

I have so many things going on in the drop that it would be hard for the AI to pick it up I assume. Like all the elements.

11. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Producer

1:1 ?

12. clone

clone Audiosexual

You won't know what the result is until you try it. I hear some glitches as turnarounds, but the rest of it would probably work pretty decently. It's not exactly complex. You can always feed a stem back through your separator. Most EDM intros are stripped down portions of the first drop building up. If you do it with Melodyne, it does polyphonic notes extraction too. You could feed it into a multiband like Blue Cats MB-7 Mixer and frequency separate it first. There are lots of ways to chop up samples like this now. You could even take a looped section and feed it into EZkeys2 Bandmate feature.

13. sisyphus

sisyphus Audiosexual

I certainly don't want to come off as the 20/20 hindsight jerk, but there have been a slew of posts this week similar to this.

Why isn't anyone backing up?

I get and understand drives and whatnot cost money, but surely a system backup can't be ~that~ big or costly in time or money to maintain... I know I have lost stuff before, and I've made mistakes playing fast and loose with data.... and as trite as it sounds, (because it's true) is that it's always just a matter of "when", and not "if", in terms of hard drive or system failure.

I'm not suggesting having a redundant system on hand or anything that egregious or whatnot....

It's just I know everyone who is mentally interested/invested in this proclivity, whether as a job, a hobby, something they do once in a blue moon kinda thing etc.... spends a fair amount of time putting together their systems and optimizing them, and getting things to work and whatnot... and of course the time spent working on songs and productions and creating etc... for the equivalent of what I'd imagine for, say, a 1TB backup drive for your system at ~$50USD, one could surely have their system drive or recent scratch work backed up I'd imagine (knowing that different countries are all over the place for the price of media and drives etc)....

but I know this is typing about the hens after the door has been left open and the fox has gotten in... and I know it isn't helping the OP in their question other then stating/emphasizing the obvious so that it either hopefully doesn't happen again or to others... because it absolutely sucks spending a day or more on something and losing it when so easily and affordably avoided...

so that stupid obvious PSA aside, I hope you can recover what you can @Soja , as the track is cool, or has a vibe, and I'd imagine back engineering it without the plugins or installing them from scratch and whatever you did to them (even if it was just presets).. I would just probably right another track reaching for the same emotion etc myself as chasing demos and whatnot sucks...

I think clone is right in that you can probably save/extract the midi or audio of the main melodic elements to some degreee etc if those are important to you, and just use it as an opportunity to perhaps revoice it with other instruments, or learn more about what you have etc etc so at least it's time well spent...

best of luck.