Compressors, Limiters, EQs

Discussion in 'Software' started by substorm, Jul 7, 2013.

1. demian777

demian777 Newbie

Well, any limiter, compressor, can give you good result, if you know what are you doing...
    PS. nobody use the voxengo or softube stuff (compressors, limiters)???

2. rimshooter123

rimshooter123 Noisemaker

I like the built-in effects of my DAW (Ableton Live). Low on CPU power and easy to use. I really like the approach of Tom Cosm or Mr. Bill to get the best results just by using the devices of their DAW. It consolidates the knowledge of how the synth, sampler, dynamic processor or effect really works and how to get the best out of it... for more focus and a straighter workflow.

A few months ago I made a track out of some voice memo recordings of my smartphone (64 kbit quality) and the soundshaping devices Abeton Live offered me (no synths) ... it was quite fun and I've learned a lot. I never had this efficiency again..

Honestly I am too lazy to learn how all those expensive high-end plugins work effectively. And my ears aren't that privileged to hear those slight differences between a built-in EQ or Compressor and the high-grade counterparts.

But I guess there is a huge difference between composer or 'all-in-one procucer' and a (digital) mixing/mastering guy who doesn't care about composing issues etc.

3. Dickbrain

Dickbrain Newbie

Fab Filter Pro Q no doubt also the the fab filter limiter is pretty awesome along with the L2. and the klanghelm DC8C2 is nice for mastering i think

4. Dickbrain

Dickbrain Newbie

also i use abletons compressor a lot
    a distressor would be badass if you could buy one lol

5. dr.evil

dr.evil Kapellmeister

limiter- fabfilter pro-L
    compressor- psp, softube
    eq- nebula