Complete newest Spectrasonics Package for M1 Mac

Discussion in 'Software' started by AlexisSorbas, Jun 19, 2022.

1. AlexisSorbas

AlexisSorbas Noisemaker

Hi guys I am so confused with all the individual releases of Omnisphere on the sister site and wanted to ask what packages I need for full Spectrasonics Instruments on M1 Mac...(Omnisphere/Trillian/Keyscape and all the addons)

Thanx

3. YungstarProd

YungstarProd Member

There's different components you have to download. It's spread out because the file size is too huge for to have it all-in-one download.
    I would start by installing Omnisphere + STEAM folder and work your way up to the other Spectrasonics releases.

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

The OP knows that. It has to be done in the correct sequence or you can waste a lot of time downloading and installing the wrong releases. Or worse, set up a time bomb scenario; if not just general instability.

5. DaFungusAmongus

DaFungusAmongus Ultrasonic

I'm not on M1 yet, but the most stable setup for recent releases for me has been 2.7.0f Software, v2.6.0c Soundsources, and v2.7.0 Patches. I'm running Big Sur on 2019 MBP. It took me quite a few trial and error days to find a stable and reliable Spectrasonics setup. I hope this helps prevent others from having to endure that headache...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. AlexisSorbas

AlexisSorbas Noisemaker

I wish someone would post a complete psckage

7. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

i wish most big releases had a single download link for us premium users... all the 25 part rar files get old after awhile. Its just that people are sooooo cheap they wont even pay the 15 a month to get thousands of dollars of movies, music and software for FREEE every month, it truly baffles me. I am filling up harddrives over here and then I cancel... Then I save up all the links I want for a couple months and spend a month downloading everything. I just understand the people that will sped 2hrs downloading a 300mb rar file....

8. beluga_man

beluga_man Ultrasonic

I'm in that situation too. Retiring a 2009 Power Mac and having to re-install Omnisphere on a MAC Studio. Not sure where to start. I do have to old install (it was divided in on a gazillion DVDs folders).

9. DJK

DJK Rock Star

seems that the latest updates have not been cracked,

10. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

I believe there is no Omnisphere cracked with native Apple Silicon Support

11. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

Of course, what you believe, and the actual reality aren't necessarily the same thing... ;)

12. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Ultrasonic

EDIT:
    SisterSite, etc availablity: Omnisphere 2.8.5c = Still no native support for M1. Rosetta only.
    Spectrasonics already has though...

YMMV
    :grooves:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  13. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

Works for me natively... I think what you guys mean is that you haven't seen a native release at the sister site, and therefore believe/assume it doesn't exist. AZ is not the one and only site on the interwebs...

A few people have been hacking away at various recent OS versions, both intel and ARM, with varying degrees of success regarding time bombing and preset recall issues. I don't even know what version I'm running tbh (I mean who's K it is, the plugin version is 2.8.4), but it seems to work fine (but wouldn't rule out preset recall issues at some stage, as per many previous versions.)

So you can state correctly that you haven't seen a native version, but saying there isn't one is not correct. FWIW ;)