Complete Kontakt Chaos

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by GeminiCount, Oct 12, 2016.

1. GeminiCount

GeminiCount Member

Really need some help with this:

I'm on a Mac using Kontakt and, using the formula described elsewhere, I made lots of custom libraries for sample packs so they appear as tabs. Everything was working fine so I ploughed in and made more (wallpaper NICNT files etc) making sure there were no snip number clashes.

However, after doing a hell of a lot of work setting this up I then found that Kontakt was randomising the order of the Tabs on each loading, making the whole process totally useless (as there were so many Tabs).

So I need to go back to using only the authorised SNPID/NICNT/wallpaper and strip out all the ones I customised. The trouble is I don't know which are which. And there are A LOT of them.
    Enough to make me feel sick at the prospect of having to check them all individually.

I've just copied all my Kontakt libraries to a new multi terabyte drive and am about to start the extremely tedious and long process of adding the libraries and trying to find and delete the custom ones.

Someone please give me some advice on how the hell I'm going to be able to do this?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  3. GeminiCount

GeminiCount Member

Anyone.....?

Is there at least a list of official Tabbed libraries somewhere?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  4. beatroot

beatroot Producer

You could try updating your version of Kontakt.Introninja is the Kontakt Guru to ask for advice and help on how to go about retrieving all your libraries and correcting their order and and thereby bypassing the randomization of the order of your libraries.

5. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

The occasional reordering of the library tab is a problem even with legit Kontakt and commercial libraries when you get a lot of them installed. Annoying as hell for sure. It tends to happen while you're adding libs. Once the list is stable it tends to settle down for the most part, in my experience at least.

6. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

7. javiawake

javiawake Noisemaker

i had at least 30 or 40 kontakt libraries added in order of brass section, wind, strings...and never disordered when i opened logic on mac too.

My version was 5.0.3 becasuse i had oldies like collossus or east west and was the only version where i added libraries to kontakt and no demos versions.

Try this. In my opinion was very stable version. In the other side forget all the new stuff if you use this one.

8. michaelv

michaelv Noisemaker

Mr. Pinkman is correct. The Spencer method works , and is nearly 100% reliable. I say "nearly" ,because recently I've experienced a certain few libraries randomly appearing at the top of the banner list. It's always the same ones. Despite the plists being locked, around six or seven of them insist on appearing at the top , but not every time .However,most of the time the libraries are still staying in the order I set them.

I believe this behaviour is because I've exceeded the 200 - library limit : a subject which has already been discussed elsewhere on this forum . Before I reached 200, this method was completely reliable. Nothing ever went out of order. Lol, I've just opened Logic and Kontakt, and the order is perfect.

I currently have 215 added, so this behaviour is consistent with the 200-limit theory. I may well remove some that are not so valuable to have in the banner window. If one stays within this limit Spencer's method is 100% reliable , no matter which version of Kontakt one uses, since it's not reliant on Kontakt's version number.

Like Spencer said, it's quite time-consuming to do , but well worth it, if you want reliable , well-ordered listings.