Community Spire Soundbank Project

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Army of Ninjas, Feb 3, 2016.

?

Would you create and submit some Spire patches for an AudioSEX community soundbank?

1. Certainly.

25 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No way.

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. What's a Spire?

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

***DEADLINE TO SUBMIT IS MARCH 6TH***

So I was sitting there creating some presets for Reveal Sound Spire and I had a great idea: we could produce a community soundbank. There are some skilled people here; and I think that it could be a lot of fun for the whole community (even those who don't contribute could have access to some unique sounds). There will have to be some guidelines to keep people on the same page. I have the following guidelines:

-Presets must be 100% original. No tweaking an existing preset. Work from initialized patches only.

-Presets must be made with v1.0.20.R2 of Spire. As the v1.1 update isn't "proper" yet (and loading patches from this build into an older copy of Spire will result in an error and possible host crash), using the v1.0.20.R2 release seems like a good choice.

-A certain level of quality should be observed. Submit your best work. We are trying to show off our skills here.

That's pretty much all the guidelines I have. I will volunteer to head up the project and compile the final soundbank (or soundbanks, depending on how many presets we end up with) for release here. A deadline for submission will have to be established as well. I'd like to give lots of people the opportunity to contribute. But I'd also like to see the project completed in a timely manner. Suggestions, comments, etc are all welcomed. Assuming this project is successful, perhaps soundbanks for other synthesizers could be produced as well (Sylenth1, Dune2, LuSH-101, etc). Thanks everyone. I know this project can be a huge success with your help. :mates:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  3. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

So I guess I should have made the poll results publicly visible. Then I could tell who has said they'd like to contribute.

I guess just post a reply or pm me or something. Thanks again everyone.

4. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Nice initiative Army,

@Baxter -if he have time.
    @Olymoon - a great sound designer too, especially for vintage flavours, of course if he have time.
    @Evorax - if he has time.
    ..oh wait, i am Evorax. I'll see if i can drop in a few presets.
    Would you need also some brief audio demos to demonstrate the presets in action?

5. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Serum please :bleh:

6. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

I don't think we will have to bother with audio demos. It'll be free, so there's no reason to not snag a copy and check it out. And I imagine that as a whole, it will be a little less cohesive than a bank designed for a single purpose by a single designer. Thanks btw evo. Oh and I've heard some of your sounds. Top notch stuff for sure. :like:

7. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

if i had time i would join, but i dont have time :snuffy::(

8. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Yes I could do some presets for AudioZ Sex community, even though I'd prefer to do it for another synth. But If it has to be on Spire ... I'll do.

9. The Iceman

The Iceman Kapellmeister

I'm definitely in for this. Great way to give back to the community that has giving me/us so much back.

10. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Thanks man. Very glad to have you aboard. Any suggestions on what synth you'd prefer for the next round?

Glad for your help! Yes, I see it that way too. :)

11. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

what synth you'd prefer for the next round?
    I would choose a free synth.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

I've been checking out the u-he n6. I haven't worked with it yet, but I understand it sounds great.

13. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

I had considered it [doing somethign like this] about the time it came out. I'd made about 4-5 patches but never got around to posting anything. Not sure they were that good, anyway... :bleh: Nice initiative, AoN. :wink:

14. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Thanks Gramofon.

15. Desantïs

Desantïs Banned

I'm in!

16. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Glad to have you, buddy!

17. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

Presets for UVI Falcon (with working software) will be great! :rofl:

Okay, to be more serious, this is a great idea :yes: (great initiative), despite I don't like this synth, unfortunately (too "cold" sounds, IMO).

But perhaps this concept may be extended - in the future and managed by another member here - to other synths such Serum, Sylenth1, Massive, DUNE 2, FM 8, Diva, Hive... STOP!:disco:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  18. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

So, will there be a repository, a separate thread or something? Or does anyone and everyone drop anything they might make here? Not sure if this led somewhere. Will also there be a quality sepervisory body and more specific guidelines?

19. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

@SAiNT, has something planned, and how he would like it to be implemented with the fourm, i have patches myself but were made ages may need some modern tweaks lol

20. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Hasn't been established. Or a deadline yet. I figured this was best left to the community to decide. As far as guidelines go, my vote is to allow work in as long as it is decent (but should represent the best work of the creator) and original (not plagiarized). How we decide what is considered decent is another story. My guess is that a few members should volunteer to vote on patches. And as far as deadlines go, I figure a month or so should give people enough time--but also allow the project to be completed promptly. IMO things that linger around too long tend to stagnate or disappear.

Update: Just thought of two more things. One: patches should be named something. Two: patches should not be clipping. Simple stuff, really.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  21. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

i would like to try