Coming back and confused about Kontakt

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Bunford, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I've been quiet and away from music making for a few months. Upon my return, I notice the latest version of Kontakt for Windows appears to be 5.8.1.

How do I add libraries to this one? I seem to recall Native Access being introduced and being unable to add libraries any more. Do I need to install an earlier version, add libraries and then update?

Sorry if it's a repeated question, but searching didn't seem to give me any answers!

3. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Kontakt 5.8.0 Portable works great. Just put the whole folder anywhere in your hard drive, point your daw to the directory x64 or x86 inside the Kontakt 5 file for the plugins and from there you run the exe for the standalone. The library manager works with any library. Good luck.

4. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

Welcome back Bunford. You'll kick yourself when you realise that all you had to do was look around the Kontakt interface:
    1. In Kontakt click on the Libraries tab (top-left)
    2. Underneath the Libraries tab click the Manage Libraries button
    3. A popup window will open.
    4. Near bottom-right click the Open Library Manager button
    5. Click Yes to request to run Library Manager.exe
    6. This is where the magic happens now .. look top-right on this Library Manager window and click [you guess]
    7. After you click Add, another window pops up, Add Libraries
    8. Leave all as is and click Browse
    9. Browse to the folder of the Kontakt library you wish to add, and select it (the top folder containing everything inside)
    10. Done .. BUT click 'Save' before you close the little window
    11. Quit Kontakt, re-open and the library will be there.

5. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

If you don't want / can't use the easiest, Portable version, this latest normal version 5.8.1 available is a "symlink update" which means you need an earlier full install. Many users suggested to install the 5.6.8 symlink fixed version (that has the size almost 500MB), and then update it to the latest, replacing the specific files.
    I tested it, I can confirm (at least for me) it works on Win7.

6. Majestic

Majestic Rock Star

Assuming it works with your system, Kontakt 5.8.0 Portable is a godsend. I've literally encountered zero problems with it in the handful of months that I've been using it.

7. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

just add the libraries from addlibrary.exe. Here is a video how to do it.

Use the newest addlibrary.exe that is included in 5. v5.8.1.NO.INSTALL.UPDATE.WIN version instead of the addlibrary.exe shown in the video