Comcast, Verizon and Co. Stop Mass Piracy Lawsuits on Appeal

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Diabulus in Musica, May 28, 2014.

1. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

[​IMG]

Comcast, Verizon, AT&T, Time Warner and Cox have successfully appealed a district court decision ordering them to reveal the identities of 1,058 subscribers accused of pirating movies via BitTorrent. The verdict is a significant blow for the extortion-like mass-lawsuits many copyright trolls have filed in recent years.

Continue on: http://torrentfreak.com/comcast-verizon-co-stop-mass-piracy-lawsuits-appeal-140528/

3. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef Producer

Surprised big business cares about its customers. Surprising with all the sell out juke companies out there.

4. It isn't that they care for the customer, I believe, no no, not one bit. Rather it is more, "What will we need to disclose about ourselves in the future if this sets a precedent?" It is all about a penny here and a penny there as they can add up to billions of dollars. Just give me one shinny penny from everyone in the States and I am worth about 3.2 million dollars. You do the math. It is all about dollars and cents Thank goodness the judge that saw the case used logic instead of reprisal or good soldier ethics. But this is just my two (non)cents.

5. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

"First they came for the music torrent sharers, and I did not speak out, because I was not a music torrent sharer.
    Then they came for the movie uploaders, and I did not speak out, because I was not a movie uploader.
    Then they came for the warez posters, and I did not speak out, because I was not a warez poster.
    Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak for me."

- Lowell C. McAdam, Verizon CEO

6. I do not think anybody at any time on the planet has ever written the next few words that I write: floond thanked Frubbs