collect all and save does not save all

Discussion in 'Live' started by wasgedn, Jul 12, 2015.

1. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

collect all and save does not save all , why...?? i set up new win7 and want to open old project and now 15% is not there....i mean audio files too...not instruments or effects
    thanx in advance friends

3. remix

remix Platinum Record

what are you talking about?

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

working here, unless you use Kontakt, because it works only in the ableton device area now for 3rd party plugins and effects.

5. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

aha ok... thank you artic :mates: ....

6. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

about that edm Daw i guess :dunno:

7. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

yeah wasgedn, collect all and save is only for Ableton assets... it WILL save you saved state of plugins like say Kontakt or Serum etc... but if the assets for that are not on the same machine, say the "Giant" piano library from NI or something, it will have no way to access it.... (otherwise also some of these ableton collect all and save sessions would get pretty large if say they included the whole Spitefire Mural patch or something !! :) )

8. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

haha, i DON'T do EDM, and Ableton is a great instrument for what "i" do... :)

9. Pete

Pete Member

Nothing wrong with making "EDM" or any other type of music. I'd rather have a world full of people being creative - even if I didn't personally enjoy their output, than have shit like "Geordie/Jersey Shore" or that Karashian woman being what people seem to enjoy discussing.

"Good" music has always, and will always thrive. Maybe you have to dig a little to find it, but for me that's part of the fun. :)

10. remix

remix Platinum Record

ahhh Ableton...

11. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

agreed Pete, I don't "hate" EDM, just hate most of what people do under the nomenclature.... construction kit bullshit and tired ass tropes etc... But if anything is good, or clever, it is good and clever, whether it be EDM, country, death metal, classical, etc... (i'm probably just too old or tired to dig anymore these days..:))....
    I just think Ableton is referred to as an EDM daw too much, as well, obviously, a lot of some miscreants in that field use it... but it is also capable of a lot more... just because someone uses it, does not mean they do EDM! ...

hope you got it figured out wasgedn!

12. Pete

Pete Member

Exactly mate, good music is good music, it doesn't matter how it's made or what it's made on. As long as it makes you personally feel something then it's good to you,. Viva le difference :D

13. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

You know, a good way to figure out what a thread is about is checking the area it's posted in.

AudioSEX.pro > Software > DAW > Live

The problem is that all kinds of electronic music are referred wrongly to as edm. There is nothing wrong with hating edm because it is in fact a small fraction of all of electronic music, a very blunt and stupid one. In the 90s, we called its predecessor what translates roughly as "fun fair techno".
    Ableton live is an excellent daw for electronic music, not only for the kind of music drunk idiots listen to in tourist traps around the world under the impression of hearing super cool underground techno :wink: