Collaps

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Ptahin, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Ptahin

Ptahin Producer

Конструкции Птахина

• Like Like x 7
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. It is interesting and bring to me the realization that all of the music that you have posted and that I have listened to evokes strong visual images in my mind. This one is about being a passenger in a small black car as I sit in the front passenger seat, driving through a city in Eastern Europe and watching the people, streets and buildings go by until we hit the edge of the city and enter a more rural surrounding. The entire time the driver is smoking a cigarette and talking non-stop, but I am not really listening but rather in a dream state, uncaring and relaxed as the scene progresses and the time passes slowly by. Interesting.

4. Ptahin

Ptahin Producer

Unusual vision of my music! Thank you!

5. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Interesting indeed,i like it.
    Just one thing you might consider,to get the synths more under control with some level adjustments and a bus compressor,get them synths down a notch and bring up the drums which sound quite good,a few small corrections would make it sound even better :like:
    Visually you remind me of the artwork artist/genius Ed Unitsky from Ukraine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Ptahin

Ptahin Producer

Thanks for the advice, Von_Steyr! Just sometimes difficult to deal with my laziness!:) Special thanks for Ed Unitsky!:like:

7. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

This sounds like a movie soundtrack to the good guy getting away from two chasing KGB agents and the good guy getting away in a small jet plane, sitting back, sipping a champers and smiling :bleh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. gtripodi

gtripodi Kapellmeister

very uncoventional sound! something very original is much much apprecciated :)

9. jvne

jvne Kapellmeister

Miss vocals in my opinion - it's very interesting as it is, but it will be greater with (my thoughts go to some Tom Waits, Nick Cave or a Bowie like story-telling style wörtspiele or maybe some movie quotes samples...)

10. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

In my opinion it's difficult to integrate vocals on a piece like this. I would leave it like it is.
    Adding vocals would distract the listeners from the music. I like experimental, non conventional music. This piece evokes for me rather a wild lush tropical jungle, populated with dangerous animals like snakes, spiders, crocodiles...they're moving and lurking around....
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  11. jvne

jvne Kapellmeister

Hi Cook! I share your point of view concerning conventional music, I don't like it that much too... but the fact is vocals can be used with creativity, (providing that it is done cleverly) in experimental music and I recognize that it can be difficult, but surely not impossible to include in. "Collapse" reminds me a lot of Goblin (profondo rosso, suspiria, zombie), maybe you know this Italian cult band, and the "Inferno"'s works from Keith Emerson but I stay on this impression that it's missing something, perhaps not vocals if you please, some settings in the arrangement to get this extra something...
    It's just my advice, no-one has to follow it.
    The choice belongs to Ptahin anyway

Ptahin, Thank you for sharing your track, it was a pleasure to hear it

12. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Never heard about it and I'm of Italian origins...:cool: but always lived abroad so i cannot know them.
    In return i know some *bizarre* groups like BAUHAUS (video above) or "Einstürzende Neubauten"
    which have made great non conventional music.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

13. jvne

jvne Kapellmeister

Love them, I have done a cover of The three shadows part 3 notably... and Neubauten, with Blixa who played alongside of Nick Cave for sure, I'm a goth so yes.. I do know them amongst others ;)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  14. kimikaze

kimikaze Platinum Record

Wow really like this one

15. Ptahin

Ptahin Producer

Thank you all for a good conversation!

16. ned944

ned944 Moderator

Very Nice Track, Digging this Vibe @Ptahin ! Very Cool! :)

17. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

I agree. In my opinion, the synths more than compensate for any phrasings that vocals would contribute to the overall flow and fluctuations within this piece. To my ears, this is a pure "instrumental" construct, and that is a good thing. There are occasions when vocals might enhance, but not in this case.

18. Ptahin

Ptahin Producer

And it would be interesting if someone agreed to sing!:mates:

19. jvne

jvne Kapellmeister

Sure, In a way that I have suggested it... I can always try. It doesn't cost anything and the result as you said would be interesting