CMC controllers series and Cubase 5

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by lenders88, Sep 26, 2012.

1. lenders88

lenders88 Newbie

hello there!
    I was wondering: anyone knows if cmc controllers may cause problems with a cracked version of cubase (in my case version 5.1)

because i'm about to buy some of them, but I've got a cracked version of cubase, and I would not want the controller detects the cracked version and so they can't be used...what do you say?!?

3. malco

malco Newbie

sure they work with cracked cubase 5. anyway, if you buy it @ thomann or other big retailers you have 30 day back guarantee or at least 14 days. :drummer:

4. audiophile

audiophile Newbie

Should work but buy Cubase 6.5 :)

The CMC's were expensive but now its only about $100 each. I have 5 of them (minus the fader). Overall they work well. I do find it helpful when you have to click through things to open something(vst windows). Be sure to update to the latest firmware to enable the dim backlight mode. It really helps you see the buttons in a dark setting.

5. lenders88

lenders88 Newbie

and what about the sensibility? i mean with th cmc-ch can you slide with quite precision through decibel scale?
    one more: cmc-ch lets you to assign it to the cc of a midi track or a midi instrument?

6. audiophile

audiophile Newbie

The slider is decent and it is quite precise, but I prefer a physical motorized and even non motorized fader. It still gets the job done though. The CMC-CH does not let you assign it to the CC of a midi track or a midi instrument. For that, get the CMC-QC. It has standalone software that lets you customize the 8 rotary knobs to any CC that you want. The CMC-QC is my favorite because I need to control and edit a lot of CC data. The CMC-CH is second for me because it's quite handy to have physical channel control for the selected track. Viewing and closing VST windows is just a button press instead of a few clicks here and there for instance.