Closest resonant filter like the one in Maschine?

Discussion in 'Software' started by aymat, Jul 9, 2016.

1. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

I personally love the built in filter in Maschine... simple to use, the modulation routing is excellent and most importantly, it has a very distinct and pleasant sound that hits the mark for me. It's easily my favorite filter and would love to see NI release a stand alone version.

That being said, I'm looking to find a similar plugin that sounds and behaves similarly to the default filter in Maschine. The closest I've gotten is Xfer LFOTool. The filter and resonance have similar characteristics and can sound pretty close to Maschine's filter. I've tried others including Driver, but unfortunately the resonance on Driver is too harsh and it just doesn't have the same characteristics.

3. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

A Guitar Rig Container + Modifier & Filter components.

+ you can assign multiple parameters with varying or inverted ranges to Container's macro knobs and control multiple knobs at once from a single encoder on the Maschine controller. You can have up to 16 macro knobs on a single container and 8 parameters assigned to each knob..

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  4. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Damn, I never even thought of checking out Guitar Rig... I haven't used that thing in ages. Right on for the heads up. I'll compare and see if I have any luck.

5. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

So definitely nothing in guitar rig that comes close to sounding like Maschine's filter but holy fucking shit... I just opened up pandora's box with that modifier section... was planning to go to bed, now that's gone out the window :rofl:

6. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Not on their own I guess, no. Use the filterbank and expand the autofilter to expose the attack, release, offset etc. Maybe go to pitch and throw resoschord in there...

I like that you can save these as presets and recall them directly from the Maschine hardware.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  7. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Guitar rig really is a box of suprises. It has a great convolution reverb and other effects, too! Who would have guessed!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. thethirdperson

thethirdperson Producer

I sure you thought of this already but just in case you haven't I know there's a vst FX version of Maschine, I've never bothered to open it myself lol.

9. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

You can use it as a multi-FX unit but more specifically to resample in Maschine when hosted as a plugin in a DAW.

10. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

imo - it depends a lot how you use a filter or even an eq, the main reason why Maschien filter sound so smooth, is that it is quite limited in resonance and slope, that's way it sounds anytime into the pleasent timbre.

11. Rudy Manterie

Rudy Manterie Platinum Record

Tried Cytomic The Drop?