Cloning Sample Library to new SSD

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Zapa, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Zapa

Zapa Newbie

Hi guys apologies if it the wrong place but since it relates to Samplers & Synths its perhaps fitting.

The time has come where i have ran out of space on my Current 1TB SSD external drive. I have recently purchased a 2TB SSD (external) to migrate over to. Literally the drive consists of only my full Logic X Library, Kontakt libraries, Spectrasonics Steam libraries and Maschine expansions, thats it. I have Cloned the drive to the 2TB already.

I was hoping i could change the name of the SSD to something else, but im worried the paths for Logic, Kontakt, Maschine and Spectrasonics steam folder libraries will not function once i do. Has anyone had any experience doing this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Off Topic i seem to have 2 User Shared Libraries, one on my Mac HD and one on the external. Honestly im not sure how it happened. It mainly consists of Kontakt and Maschine Libraries. Can i put merge these together? (Preferably on to my External) or is this not possible, once its been installed onto my Mac HD?

Thanks

Update. I have managed to relocate my Logic X content, Kontakt and Spectrasonics libraries. I am having trouble moving my Maschine Libraries as it doesnt give the locate option, only the ignore when i remove and copy to external drive.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Use the Google Translator

https://support.native-instruments....rary-auf-eine-externe-Festplatte-verschieben-

Can I move the MASCHINE Library to an external hard drive?

Note: If you are using Mac OS X 10.10 (and higher) or Windows 7 (and higher), you can also use the Relocate feature in Native Access as described in this article .

You can move the MASCHINE Factory Library and EXPANSION PACKS to an external hard drive. This can be useful if you want to save space on your system hard drive or if, for example, you use several computers and want to use the same external hard drive.

1. If you have not yet saved the MASCHINE FACTORY LIBRARY or the EXPANSION PACKS on your external hard drive, please copy the desired directory to the external hard drive now.

2. In MASCHINE, open the Preferences and select the Library tab. Click the small folder icon next to the directory whose contents you have moved to the external hard drive. In our example we have chosen the machine 2 library path for this.

3. In the dialog window that opens, please click on the Machine 2 Library folder on your external hard drive and then click on Choose.

4. In Mac OS X, after the new path has been selected, you may be asked to enter your computer's administrator password. After you do this, MASCHINE will update its database and capture the new location of the MASCHINE Factory Library.