Clip gain envelope Macro

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by BenniTheBlockbuster, Oct 17, 2023.

1. BenniTheBlockbuster

BenniTheBlockbuster Producer

Hi , is there a way to create a macro that automatically detects all the beginnings of the transients and creates a clip gain envelope there but for another Track ?

I often have basses that I make with the clip gain envelope always softer when the kick comes.
    The whole thing is very cumbersome to copy and paste by hand for every single kick in the bass track in the whole arrangement.

I would like to have a macro that I can trigger that automatically puts a clip gain automation on the bass track every time the kick plays.

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I use Logic, but Nicky Romero Kickstart does almost exactly this. It's an enveloper with side-chain capability; but it does not apply any compression. Depending on the situation, I would maybe use Cableguys Shaperbox, set the length correctly and draw in a volume shaper. You could probably use :LFO Tool or another ducking tool.

Logic has what is called a Region Inspector for each track. It has all the clip gain stuff you would expect, like Fade In, Gain, Transpose, Delay, and it is per region. You can make a small Fade in be the default behavior, but you can also change that parameter in one Region Inspector; and it will affect every region that you have selected/highlighted. Studio One has similar feature: https://support.soundtrap.com/hc/en-us/articles/205505532-Fade-in-out-regions

I mention these because they are not a macro. The macro approach seems overly complicated to me, not being a Studio One user. There are other ways like the few I mentioned. Is macro use very common in Studio One? I really only use the Region Fade In parameter for this, and it's just a few milliseconds to avoid a possible click.